Camelot Wheel using Traktor's new "Open Key" notation
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Camelot Wheel using Traktor's new "Open Key" notation

In Traktor's most recent update (2.6.1 for those of you in the future), key detection was added using a new notation apparently called "Open Key". Personally I was already using Mix In Key and it's Camelot notation so I took a closer look at this new system and noticed that it is a one-to-one relationship (8A=1m, 9A=2m, ect.) but the numbers start on different keys. Since I am going to be switching to Traktor's key detection system now, I needed a new Camelot wheel to reference. I searched the web and didn't find any thing like this so I made one myself. I have attached the end result to the bottom, feel free to save it, print it out, stick it on things and graffiti it on government buildings.

By the way, I tryed to get the wheel colors to match the ones in Traktor
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Robert Wulfman; 02-24-2013 at 04:41 AM. Reason: UPLOADED NEW VERSIONS

Good job mate.
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d

Nice, this is helpful. Appreciate it mate.
    2 x CDJ 850 | Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53's | A&H Xone K2 | Kontrol X1 | Kontrol F1 | DJM 900nxs

here iz a link to a website with the same info - its out there

http://www.beatunes.com/open-key-notation.html
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Huh, and it looks like I forgot to add musical keys for the inner ring on mine. I'll upload a new version.

Thanks! I was actually going to do this today but never got around to it

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Wulfman View Post
    In Traktor's most recent update (2.6.1 for those of you in the future), key detection was added using a new notation apparently called "Open Key". Personally I was already using Mix In Key and it's Camelot notation so I took a closer look at this new system and noticed that it is a one-to-one relationship (8A=1m, 9A=2m, ect.) but the numbers start on different keys. Since I am going to be switching to Traktor's key detection system now, I needed a new Camelot wheel to reference. I searched the web and didn't find any thing like this so I made one myself. I have attached the end result to the bottom, feel free to save it, print it out, stick it on things and graffiti it on government buildings.

Hello Robert,

This thread was the reason why I registered to DjTechTools.

I thank you deeply for the image you created.

Also, a friend of mine enhanced the image for all Traktor lovers to use it.

Thank you sincerely,

OpenKeysTraktor.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Wulfman View Post

Thx a lot!!!!!!!!!!
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.

/anhero!

Thank you!!!! I'm going to print this and hang it up
    Macbook 13" 4 gb ram, traktor pro 2.6, kontrol x1, Kontrol z2, kontrol f1, midi fighter spectra, midi fighter 3d,
    Text, let's talk about edm or mixing! 831-801-1774

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast