Wacom Thingy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wacom Thingy

Default Wacom Thingy

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wacom-Next...item5ae8322420

At its original list price of what... £400, not so appealing; at £89? Interesting...

I remember the videos for this thing. Part of it comes off and can be used wirelessly, and the whole thing works without a computer. If I could get one in the states for that price I might do it just for the novelty. I guess these never took off; I didn't even realize they actually built them - thought it was vapor ware. If you do grab one let us know how it is!
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Oh jeez, it is available in the states, and only $90 US, I might have to get one. From the reviews on amazon it's totally counterintuitive to use and not reliable enough to use live, but it looks like fun to mess around with for that price. hmmmmm
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

not gonna lie it looks pretty cool. it seems like more of a novelty item to me
    Current Set Up: Denon DN X1600, 2x Kontrol X1 MK1, Traktor Kontrol F1, Macbook Pro, Traktor Pro 2 LIVE & LET RAVE
    SoundCloud YouTube

EDIT: I changed my mind, it's not even worth $90. I still cant figure out why someone would use it out of so many other options out there...

for $90 from amazon, it's tempting.... but I've read such bad things about it...
    Last edited by corporation; 03-01-2013 at 11:55 PM.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

No MIDI apparently, so that means no purchase for me

You could get some limited use out of it as a timecode controller, I guess, but not being able to EQ from the unit itself is a dealbreaker for me

How many does TEED have?

Tech Guru

Interesting that this never gained momentum and there's no mention of it anywhere on Wacoms website.

Good lesson for businesses there; stick to what you're good at.

"stick to what you're good at."

Thank God Apple never ventured into MP3 players (leave it to the Pros like Sony Walkman), or even worse, the cellphone market.

>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast