Minimalist Traktor setup? with a djm t1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Minimalist Traktor setup? with a djm t1

Hey everyone,

So I'll try to keep this concise. The Pioneer DJM-T1 (or Z2, haven't decided) is looking mighty appealing as a traktor controller. I'm planning on buying one of the two mixers and I need to know what other kind of equipment I would need to gain full control over the traktor program? Can I use the mixers as a transport controller (play, pause, scrolling through tracks, setting cues... etc) or would I need something else? Behringer is coming out with that new line of cheap controllers (I should say inexpensive, not cheap) and they look like a good solution. Any suggestions?

To reiterate I just need a simple setup that allows me to control traktor completely, which features a mixer. Don't recommend the s4 or something like that I regret selling my stand alone mixer...

Thanks pilgrims

i LOVE my Z2, use 2 x1s and a midi fighter 3d + lappy... all i use these days unless i get forced to use timecode vinyl at venues with built in junk lacking setup space

but yeah i can't tell you how great the Z2 is, my favorite mixer these days

Tech Wizard

the z2 is sexy as f*ck but build quality with the pioneer is hard to pass up too, its a close one. i guess what im asking if it the x1s are totally necessary for a simple setup while maintaining transport abilities

i love my X1s, they make controlling 4 decks multiple FX for transition, soooo simplified in a very very portable lightweight device

Tech Wizard

Denon DN-x1600 with one or two x-1's, maybe an F1?

Quote Originally Posted by JCalzonetti View Post
    the z2 is sexy as f*ck but build quality with the pioneer is hard to pass up too, its a close one. i guess what im asking if it the x1s are totally necessary for a simple setup while maintaining transport abilities
    Just check out for yourself how many midi-mappable buttons there are on the two mixers in question, figure out, how many buttons you need to comfortably control Traktor and then make your decision. Don't really see how we can help you with that.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    Just check out for yourself how many midi-mappable buttons there are on the two mixers in question, figure out, how many buttons you need to comfortably control Traktor and then make your decision. Don't really see how we can help you with that.
    Well I'm asking if anyone has tried something similar and has a fully functional setup. Thats an answerable question. Thanks for your opinion though, I will look into it.

Minimalist setup? You could defiantly put together a good set with just a z2 or a z2 plus an x1.
    Macbook 13" 4 gb ram, traktor pro 2.6, kontrol x1, Kontrol z2, kontrol f1, midi fighter spectra, midi fighter 3d,
    Text, let's talk about edm or mixing! 831-801-1774

Tech Wizard

this answer really depends on your mixing style and genre of music.

both mixers are feature rich.... once you get past that part.
    you would need at least one external midi controller. the F1 being the obvious choice. maybe an X1 if you want to go nuts with the remix decks. then again, you get away with just a midi-fighter type controller. (you dont really need an aditional, contoller, but it would be helpful..)
    if your music is not all perfectly beatgridded, you might want a controller with a pitchblend (also for scrolling though a track fast)... the Behringer would be a good option (if its even out yet). maybe a used EKS XP-5, Denon SC2000 or similar..

there is not a 100% correct answer because everyone's style is different and tends to change based on what tools they have.

Tech Mentor

You can certainly control the transport functions using custom mapping with the Z2. An X1 would give you even more control, but if you are looking for a mixer-only solution, the Z2 would definitely work.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast