Vestax VCM-100 as an Analog Mixer

Default Vestax VCM-100 as an Analog Mixer

I have a Vestax VCM-100 controller. The specifications state that it has a Maya 44 soundcard.

Here is a shot of the back http://www.djworx.com/skratchworx/im...0_back_big.jpg

I have 8 RCA ports on the back. 4 inputs(1,2,3 and 4) an 4 outputs (monitor 5 and 6/master 7 and 8)

I want to use my VCM-100 controller as an analog mixer. (Plug in 2 CD players and mix between the 2 channels)

I tried this and it did not work. I plugged one CD player into input 1 and 2 and the other CD player into 3 and 4.

I had the 7 and 8 output (master) going to my amplifier.

I have the unit powered from the USB on my computer. The lights are all on.

Am I connecting something incorrectly?

Thanks for your help.

>

Do you think it might need an AC Adaptor? (9V 500mA) vs the USB (5V 150mA)?

Here's a better shot of the I/O panel: http://www.sweetwater.com/images/clo...CM100_rear.jpg

>

it's a controller that was never made to be an analog controller...pretty sure it will not work...especially since there is no phone/line switch or and option to pass audio THRU
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

I was optimistic because I read this from Ean Golden's review back in March 7, 2008:

"Dual line inputs mean you could use this as a mixer interface for Deck A Dance and run two CD players of time code signal directly in through the VCM-100. I didn’t actually test this concept but in theory it should work just fine. Paired with an in-expensive set of CD players and some Serato scratch time code jacked from the net this could be a very inexpensive way to have a nice little digital dj setup."

Here's the full review: http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/03/0...-100-reviewed/

I still have 1 oz. of hope.

>

Nope, that still requires a computer running Deckadance
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Why would you want to hook up two CD players to a midi controller?

If you have a laptop running Deckadance and you have a midi controller, you don't need the CD players at all.

>

Tech Guru

The review says the VCM could be used for timecode CDs. You don't mix timecode signals with an analogue mixer, they are just sent directly to a computer.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB