ANYONE SAMPLE VINYL WITH AUDIO 10 AND MASCHINE? Samples quiet?

Default ANYONE SAMPLE VINYL WITH AUDIO 10 AND MASCHINE? Samples quiet?

I am getting back into sampling after a year or so off...having had to move out of my old set up in the UK for work.
    Gradually getting a little studio set up where I am now but can't seem to set up machine to sample well here.

In my old set up I routed my dj mixer into an M-Audio Midi interface then to my laptop.

Now i have my deck going into my vestax 05 mixer, whos output goes into the "in" at the front of an NI audio 10. Audio 10 goes via USB to my laptop. The problem i'm having is that I have my signal peaking in the red on the vestax mixer, and with my master mixer output on full - the sound is coming into maschine, but just way too quiet.....

I have found a way to sample in so that its an input in machine and this gives u some recording level control but this still doesn't get the sound as high as it should be for sampling, and obviously I can normalise it but I'm sure it can't be normal that I would have to max out my mixer to sample...
    Surely two NI products would work together better?

Anyone got any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance

check your cards setting. with audio 4 i used to always forget to check if the input was set to phono or line level.
    if you have it in phono coming straight from the mixer, then you end up turning the levels way down to compensate from signal distortion, and just unable to get loudness you need with out distorting the shit out of it

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

^This. If you can't get it right with your vestax then plug your tts straight into your soundcard (inputs in phono). Should be better for sampling since you are taking away one more step to introduce noise.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    ^This. If you can't get it right with your vestax then plug your tts straight into your soundcard (inputs in phono). Should be better for sampling since you are taking away one more step to introduce noise.
    Can i actually do this?

I have'nt got a mixer atm, saving up to get my xone 92 back. but for now, can i just plug my turntable straight into my audio 10, and sample into maschine that way??
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,