Taking the VCI-100SE apart/Custom case
    Tech Wizard

Default Taking the VCI-100SE apart/Custom case

Ok...so I posted this on the "platters" thread and didn't get a response. I am FAR from the best when it comes to taking things apart. However, I see in the forum that I need to take my VCI apart to tighten up my platters as several of you had to do. First of all I'm scared. I'm better @ taking care of it as opposed to any involved home repair.

Anyway, I tried to take it apart once. I got the 2 screws out on each side and took the screw out from the bottom. However, something was still holding the unit together and I'm not sure what. I understood (or so I thought) that once the 5 screws are out, the bottom slides right off or something like that.

Can anybody tell me what kept me from being able to separate the VCI unit once I took out the 5 screws? My only objective is to tighten the platters and get to spinnin'. If someone can post some specifics, send me a private e-mail, do a quick youtube or whatever....I can take care of it pretty much on the spot.

Side note: I did order a custom case that is literally supposed to be delivered in minutes. I only have a camera phone here @ my studio but if it looks and fits like it's supposed to, I'll post a picture or two here.

However, I need someone/anyone's help with the VCI surgery. I was rough-handed as a kid a broke things easily. Even though I'm an adult now, I'm sure others can understand why I'm nervous about going inside of this thing. Please post a detailed response as soon as time permits someone kind enough to do so.

Thanks in advance!

I think I see from another post that your problem was solved right?

Tech Wizard

Yes...I'm good to go now. Thanks for checking.