Anyone else use beats by dre headphone?
    Tech Wizard

Default Anyone else use beats by dre headphone?

Hey, I use beats by dre as my headphones for djing and i know they are not geared towards that but they are amazing. One of the biggest assets the beats by dre have is the amazing solid sound bass. The bass from these headphones makes it extremely easy for me to tell if the bass has dropped out in beatmatching which I found my friends AKG's to be extremely lacking. I love the sound of the high's mids and lows from these things.

I am just curious if anyone else has these phones and if they enjoy them as much as I do(for dj use).
    Electro House

[Podcast] Adrian P : Bangin' On Ya System

Subscribe!

Tech Mentor

How's the isolation?

Very, very expensive for what amounts to a midrange set of phones. For the same amount of cash you can easily buy into the high end lines of many well known and respected manufacturers and have money to spare for tracks.

Note that Monster Cable are known mostly for selling mid-range audio connects at high end prices. The combination of Monster, big name DJ and that price makes me nervous about getting value for money. Many of the reviews of Beats say something along the lines of "the sound is good and comparable to many other other $200 phones".

Advice: Try some other $200-$300 phones before deciding.

Tech Wizard

The isolation is alright - its not too isolated where i can't get a sense of anything around me but its good enough to have a clear sound of the music in a loud environment.

I got mine for waaaaaaaaaaay cheaper with an extended warranty that was also dirt cheap because my buddy worked at the store. I can't stress enough how the bass in these bad boys is amazing. I also own a pair of in-ear IE-30's and compared to the highs and mids the beats manage to do a good job.
    Electro House

[Podcast] Adrian P : Bangin' On Ya System

Subscribe!