Traktor update 2.6.1

Default Traktor update 2.6.1

So you have to have osx mountain lion 10.7 or higher for the latest update from NI. So that's costing me £13.99 now and im sat here waiting for it to download...Anyone know the reasons for this move?
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

Quote Originally Posted by paulmac View Post
    So you have to have osx mountain lion 10.7 or higher for the latest update from NI. So that's costing me £13.99 now and im sat here waiting for it to download...Anyone know the reasons for this move?
    It's just "Lion" you need, Mountain Lion is 10.8.

And probably a backhand deal with Apple; there's no technical reason why it wouldn't work on 10.6, NI have just locked it out.

EDIT: Proof.

EDIT2: Well, not PROOF, since it's not an actual screenshot, but it was posted over on the NI forums and there's no real reason to doubt the source... it's not like they're profiting from claiming to run it on 10.6.8 lol.
    Last edited by mdcdesign; 02-26-2013 at 04:04 PM.

i cant get it to work on 10.6.8 so ive paid for the mountain lion update and hope i dont regret it as theres a lot of awful reviews for mountain lion on the apple app store...
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

Maybe they didn't want to put resources into testing all of the 10.6. versions. If it in fact works on 10.6.8, this seems plausible. In any case, here's what's new in 10.7 https://developer.apple.com/library/...acOSX10_7.html

Apparently you just have to install it on a 10.8 system first, then copy Traktor.app over to your 10.6.8 install. Still, too late now :P

how would you get the 10.8 tho, now as when you go on the app store its mountain lion not just lion??

oh shit oh shit oh shit.... collection Won't load into new version? wat teh fuuu? went back to 2.5.0 it works.. went to 2.6.0. it works... went to 2.6.1 and progress bar always freezes when finishing loading collection. anyone?

edit: FALSE alarm... it just takes.. REALLY long to finish up.
    Last edited by Kupujte_Pytle; 02-26-2013 at 05:48 PM.
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Quote Originally Posted by Kupujte_Pytle View Post
    oh shit oh shit oh shit.... collection Won't load into new version? wat teh fuuu? went back to 2.5.0 it works.. went to 2.6.0. it works... went to 2.6.1 and progress bar always freezes when finishing loading collection. anyone?
    It's still thinking. My Traktor was doing the same thing after the update. I force quit it and restarted the app, but it did the same thing. Frustrated, I walked away, only to find it finished a long while later.