VCI-100 pitch adjustment
    Tech Wizard

Default VCI-100 pitch adjustment

Is there a way to have sensitive pitch adjustment... like less than %.01

Can this be done with the sliders.. or is there a method with the jog wheels that I should know about

I have heard of a knob solution discussed

just a bit confused about how to do this

thanks

Tech Wizard

bump

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I use the jog wheels, but I don't think it can be more sensitive than .01%. I couldn't imagine why you'd need it more sensitive than that, being the drift on one track at 120.000 and 120.004 is kind of long and easy to compensate.

Just map your pitch to the jog wheel at your preferred sensitivity and you should be fine
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Hey

well you'll be limited by two things, firstly it depends on the software you're using and what the smallest pitch resolution it can support is. Doesn't matter how small the VCI can go if the software doesn't support it.

Then secondly you have to think about the physical size of the VCI fader. If you make the sensitivty or the resolution fine enough to accuratly go up in such small steps then the maximum you can go will be pretty small, only maybe +/- 1 at most. You can maybe get round this by using the pitch/jogwheel method but again the compromise is because your moving in such small steps if you ever do have to move a large amount then your gonna have to spin it for ages to get anywhere

k