M Machine Set - I Have No Words

Default M Machine Set - I Have No Words

I don't normally do this (as a matter of fact I never have before), but if you haven't heard this set the M Machine just put out with a beatport interview, you should do so immediately: http://news.beatport.com/blog/2013/0...the-m-machine/

This is almost certainly the best set I have ever heard and I felt inclined to share it. Absolutely insane

I'll be sure to pump this at my next back to mine ........ when I want people to leave.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I quite liked it for about 7 minutes then I realised it was basically the breakdowns from 200 Chemical Brothers songs stitched together.

Some pretty nice bits but to choppy for me. Hit a groove and stretch it out boys... take ya time, theres no rush, we got all night.

Alright a bit of why I liked this at least:

I listened to this for a couple of minutes before I posted a fairly apathetic but positive link to it on my facebook. After that it just started to hit me. Now there might be some portion of me liking this that came from the fact that I've been awake since like 9am on Monday listening to almost exclusively techno/tech house, but there is something about it that is drastically different from a set from a predominantly glitch hop band.

There are a ton of "big" tracks in the set but it didn't feel like they were pandering. I actually like that the groove is not constant at all. There were a couple of bits that were distractingly discontinuous but it wasn't like a DJ Shadow set. But it wasn't just "hey look, a crossfader", there seemed like a legitimate desire to make something that wasn't the same. And unlike a lot of stuff that I give credit for that on an artistic level I actually felt like excluding those discontinuities it moved well and fit well. The content wasn't perfect for me and it wasn't like the perfect display of turntableism, but the integrity of the set as a whole I found refreshing.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

This set kills energy far it goes...

I've not got the patience to listen to it all so fast forwarded and previewed it. As far as I can hear there is about 1-1.5 minutes of each track???
    To me this isnt DJing. This is for the impatient generation. Where is the emotion the passion for the music. it could easily be done with 1 hit samples. Where is the audio foreplay! teasing to the next track?