Rekordbox Exporting to USB So Slow - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Most cheap USB drives are extremely slow, so look for read/write speeds next time you buy.

I got a Sandisk Ultra SD card which is much faster, it affects load times on the CDJs too - waveforms come up in a fraction of the time it takes for a cheap USB stick.
    Bang on, it's all about your media. A lot of USB sticks are ridiculously slow. I've got only a USB 2 connection and a ssd drive which takes around a second a track to export from rekordbox (320 mp3). You get what you pay for....

meatball

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bob View Post
    Bang on, it's all about your media. A lot of USB sticks are ridiculously slow. I've got only a USB 2 connection and a ssd drive which takes around a second a track to export from rekordbox (320 mp3). You get what you pay for....
    So having an SSD on a MBP, as opposed to the standard hard drive, would make a difference in the upload speed to a flash drive?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by meatball View Post
    So having an SSD on a MBP, as opposed to the standard hard drive, would make a difference in the upload speed to a flash drive?
    No, it wouldn't make any difference. My SSD is used in an enclosure and gets plugged straight into the cdjs as an alternative to a flash drive...

And I thought 40 mins was really slow for 1500 songs lol....
    But honestly...I'm constantly adding to, retagging, regrouping, filtering my collection (been doing this for months)..and I just got rekordbox...I wish the USB could just live sync to iTunes just like an iPod would when plugged in.

Anyone know how to accomplish that? To manually resync my collection everytime I get some new songs/re order songs seems like a pain even at my apparently fast transfer rates.
    Last edited by Fraktionz; 03-04-2013 at 11:00 AM.

Tech Guru

If you are just adding new songs there's no need to recopy tracks already on the USB stick, just export the new ones.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Im wondering , am i the only one facing this.

Not being a brand freak but somehow all my Sandisk Ultra CZ45 Thumbs transfer and read faster when i plug into RB but somehow my kingston DT101 ( basic model ) take forever to transfer and what makes it worst is , a full kingston will never be able to let me scroll whats in it on RB 8GB full to the brim.

Any ideas ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12