NEW NI Kontrol Stand!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default TRAKTOR KONTROL STAND (im dissapointed) or at least i think im going to be.

So this just released today. The TRAKTOR KONTROL STAND

Detailed Info

TRAKTOR_KONTROL_STAND_intro_CE.jpg

983004a31b.jpg

Have to say i think im going to be pretty unimpressed at the design of this thing.
    I have to apologize in advance if i am completely wrong. And to that, if i am, i will fully admit i am wrong.

Here is my deal;

Im just noticing how its constructed, and of what materials its made + the little rubber "feet" it has to hold the F1 / X1 in place.

When i look at something, i try to imagine it in its full scale use. Not just for a beginner but also for a massive user.

This looks like if you were going to go full scale and start finger drumming an F1, or really going at it on an X1 til they started to smoke,
    the biggest problem you are going to have is going to be that either one of the F-units are going to bounce around a bit.

When an F1 or X1 are placed directly on a tabletop, they are fully stable. No bounce, and hard to nudge.
    Imagine if you will that you start really tweeking knobs, bangin a fader (F1) or really drumming on either one of the units,
    what do you think is going to happen. On a tabletop, you get no movement
    On a U-Frame shaped aluminum setting with rubber feet, the vibration has to go somewhere
    and it AINT going to go to the table. So its going to reflect back up into the unit......... yes i know i am WAY over analyzing it but hey, thats what i do, and thats why i have NEVER returned a piece of Dj equipment.

I know anyone ( or everyone ) can reply and say, "Hey well, the device is just not for you, and no one is forcing you to buy it."
    You would absolutely be correct. But hey... this is the free world we live in, and im just speaking my mind.
    Much like the lot of you did in that last DJTT TV Article on the front of the blog did (WOW, SOME of you guys got really harsh)

Anyway. Im just curious about the opinion of anyone else on this design weather or not you are in the same boat with me, is fine.

The TRAKTOR KONTROL STAND’s rugged aluminum frame provides a solid base for yourTRAKTOR KONTROL F1 andX1 when performing.

Rubber locating pins keep your controller locked to the stand. Large rubber feet assure slip-free stability on any surface, keeping your F1 or X1 under your fingers at all times.

wow Sorry guys. I didnt know this topic was here. I posted my own. Here is the link and what i said;

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=68234

So this just released today. The TRAKTOR KONTROL STAND

Detailed Info

Click image for larger version. Name: TRAKTOR_KONTROL_STAND_intro_CE.jpg Views: 2 Size: 18.9 KB ID: 16112

Click image for larger version. Name: 983004a31b.jpg Views: 2 Size: 6.2 KB ID: 16113

Have to say i think im going to be pretty unimpressed at the design of this thing.
    I have to apologize in advance if i am completely wrong. And to that, if i am, i will fully admit i am wrong.

Here is my deal;

Im just noticing how its constructed, and of what materials its made + the little rubber "feet" it has to hold the F1 / X1 in place.

When i look at something, i try to imagine it in its full scale use. Not just for a beginner but also for a massive user.

This looks like if you were going to go full scale and start finger drumming an F1, or really going at it on an X1 til they started to smoke,
    the biggest problem you are going to have is going to be that either one of the F-units are going to bounce around a bit.

When an F1 or X1 are placed directly on a tabletop, they are fully stable. No bounce, and hard to nudge.
    Imagine if you will that you start really tweeking knobs, bangin a fader (F1) or really drumming on either one of the units,
    what do you think is going to happen. On a tabletop, you get no movement
    On a U-Frame shaped aluminum setting with rubber feet, the vibration has to go somewhere
    and it AINT going to go to the table. So its going to reflect back up into the unit......... yes i know i am WAY over analyzing it but hey, thats what i do, and thats why i have NEVER returned a piece of Dj equipment.

I know anyone ( or everyone ) can reply and say, "Hey well, the device is just not for you, and no one is forcing you to buy it."
    You would absolutely be correct. But hey... this is the free world we live in, and im just speaking my mind.
    Much like the lot of you did in that last DJTT TV Article on the front of the blog did (WOW, SOME of you guys got really harsh)

Anyway. Im just curious about the opinion of anyone else on this design weather or not you are in the same boat with me, is fine.

Tech Wizard

If anything we can hope that the bag prices will decrease like every other time NI releases a "better and newer" product
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MBP 8 GB Ram 512 GB SSD, DN-X1600, Kontrol X1, Kontrol F1, 2x Technics 1200 MkII

Tech Wizard

Is it me or is 50 euros a lot for some bended aluminum and some rubber? All those stands, they're way overpriced. If you go to any whitesmith he can produce the same for less than half the price, and it will only take 10 minutes.

I actually like it. I wouldn't buy it, as my setup is static and I'd have to lift it out each time to slide it IN to the unit. But I think it looks flossy.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Quote Originally Posted by OmniRoss View Post
    I actually like it. I wouldn't buy it, as my setup is static and I'd have to lift it out each time to slide it IN to the unit. But I think it looks flossy.
    im with you i like it, prices is just outta whack but apparently that's what they feel is right to have their logo on it, now upon further looking at NI's site reading the description it sounds like it comes with a bag maybe idk, maybe i was just reading into it weird...if it includes a bag and the stand for the price what would be your guys' thoughts, still think it would be overpriced?

It will only be a thin material like bag.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Guru

I almost want to go into my shop, make about 200 of these and sell them on the forums for 5-10 bucks a pop. I would make a profit, forum users would be happy, it would take a chunk out of NI profits, and send a message to NI.

Its not like they spent 20,000-30,000K on a patent for a stand so I see no issues

Profit from the accessories business model is falling out quick, especially for technological products. Customers see through it and get pissed more than anything, its not worth the risk anymore. I bet apple will start including more accessories and reducing their cord prices etc.. in the next few months.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast