S2 with X1 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S2 with X1

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Culture_Shock View Post
    this discussion lol. If you don't know what you need out of a controller, who else would? Just pay attention to your workflow, pay attention to what is most difficult to achieve, and let that tell you where you need to expand your gear.
    Also, most gear that is produced nowadays have their features listed and reviewed ad nauseum all over the internet! Just take a minute to do some research, and you'll find the thing you need.
    Thanks for the advice bro.to me i dont mind getting X1.just want to know what it can help me with my mix.btw is it possible to map it to control sample deck and become deck C & D?

Quote Originally Posted by Shamil View Post
    Thanks for the advice bro.to me i dont mind getting X1.just want to know what it can help me with my mix.btw is it possible to map it to control sample deck and become deck C & D?
    Yes. You can switch back and forth between your mapping and the default sample mapping by entering midi mode (shift plus hotcue)
    Macbook 13" 4 gb ram, traktor pro 2.6, kontrol x1, Kontrol z2, kontrol f1, midi fighter spectra, midi fighter 3d,
    Text, let's talk about edm or mixing! 831-801-1774

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by dubyou View Post
    Yes. You can switch back and forth between your mapping and the default sample mapping by entering midi mode (shift plus hotcue)
    thanks bro!

I run an S2 alongside an X1. I use my X1 mainly in MIDI mode, for superknobs effects assigned to FX unit 3, and for Macro FX on unit 4. I also use it for transport functions on decks c/d.

This is one of those occasions in which I'd recommend buying it even if you still don't have a use for it since it's such a versatile controller which can be used alongside turntables or other setups in the future if you ever decide to do so. It's also cheap so... go ahead lol
    HP Envy 14 Beats Edition, Traktor Pro 2, NI Kontrol S4, NI Kontrol X1, NI Kontrol F1, AIAIA TMA-1

Tech Convert

Interesting bro.sorry for noob question.what is midi mode.so i can set my x1 to control effect fx3 and fx4? Thanks yeah.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12