New macbook pro 13" or refurbished 15" macbook pro

Default New macbook pro 13" or refurbished 15" macbook pro

So for awhile iv been thinking about buying a mac, and since i finally have enough money I thought I my is well do it. The problem is I'm not sure if i should get a new 13" macbook pro or a REFURBISHED 15" macbook pro. Is there any DJs using a 13" MBP? I'm just worried it will be to small of a screen. Right now I'm using a 15" Toshiba. So could 2 inches gone, really matter? Plus i have good vision. (Dont wear glasses) Just wondering what everyone is thinking. I rather spend, $1,199 then around $1,529 on a 15" refubished.

Thanks in return to who ever replies

I'm very very happy with the 13" Macbook Pro.

That being said, I use 2 decks with Serato, and so I'm not sure what you use. For me this is more than enough, and I was on the edge about buying a 15" version myself... but happy I saved the cash honestly. If you need more than 2 decks though, you'll like the larger screen. Otherwise... it'll be fine
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

i lurve my 14inch elitebook, pefect for 4 decks, and portable etc etc

i have the 2012 macbook pro 13 (non retina)

its a beast of a machine, with 16GBDDR3 ram, 2.5 ghz ivy bridge cpu, but.... THE SCREEN IS SO GOD DAMN LOW RES ZOMG

1280x800 at 13 inch is sooo 2008

As a comparison, my phone the samsung galaxy note has the same resolution of 1280x800 at just 5.5 inch

So... if screen resolution bugs you as much as i do, go for the refurbished 15 inch with the hi-res option (1680x1050)

Im just waiting for the retina mbp price to lower a bit and then ill jump on one
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Tech Guru

Mmmm. ASUS Zenbook Prime 1080p screen

Too bad the USB drivers suck and don't work with NI Audio.

The two inches are more about how much space you have to work with. Have more may make it easier for you to (as stated above) work with four decks. Esp if you're using Ableton instead of Traktor. Also, 2" is the diagonal length so the difference is slim. I'd look into the specs rather than the screen.

15" retina here - it's......very good indeed. It also costs the same as a small African nation.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Btw I got mine refurbed.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Quote Originally Posted by smittten View Post
    Btw I got mine refurbed.
    How do you like your refurbished? How was the shipping? Fast? How was the condition of the Mac? Thanks!

I buy all my macs refurbished from apple, I recommend the 13" UNLESS you dj Video or 4 deck mix.
    All refurb mac are in perfectly new condition with all the same warranties as any new mac. I actually recommend refurbs over new to save money.
    '
    Last edited by dj paradise; 03-01-2013 at 04:14 AM.