A dark day
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A dark day

Default A dark day

A day has arrived where I'm ashamed to be Irish.

Ireland's foremost ISP has bent over like a little bitch and allowed the big, veiny cock of the music industry's legal deparment to enter it unclenched.

Eircom block access to Pirate Bay

It's not that I agree with pirated material. It's the ignorant use of the law to strong-arm people into compliance that is pissing me off. This only further entrenches the image of the Industry being the bad guy in all of this.
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

we've got something along these lines in the pipeline down here as well man.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I'm just ashamed that it's an Irish company (though it isn't wholly owned by an Irish investor anymore) that is breaking the taboo and going along with a censorship method.
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

The isps down here have said they wont follow the govts guidlines if these new rules come in. There was a big uproar in feb when the first proposal came out, where an isp would be required by law to disconnect you on the very suspicion of copyright infringement. That got thrown out thank god but we'll see what happens in the next few months anyway.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Boycott RIAA associated labels, don't buy their music and don't even play DJ their tunes as its just advertising their music for them - there is a huge wealth of other really high quality music that can be played, theres no need to support labels that are eroding our rights. More information - http://www.boycott-riaa.com/

If your unsure if your music is associated with the RIAA then do some research on it by checking out this site: http://www.riaaradar.com/

I am pretty passionate about these sorts of issues as it is MUCH more than our right to download illegal music that is at stake here, downloading illegal music is just the very tip of the iceberg. I dont support illeagle music downloads, so dont get me wrong - but by letting corporate or even government entities choose what can and cannot be shared over the internet opens the flood gates for all sorts of censorship and corruption.

The reason eircom did it was because they basically couldn't turn the offer down. Financial situation and that. They're a terrible company anyway. I'm sure they've alienated a lot of their customers.

I switched to BT the morning it was announced. Cheaper and better customer service. They know how to actually run a business. Took me all of 10mins over the phone.

Tech Guru

they've tried passing new copyright laws here in canada twice in the last 2 years to implement that bullshit, but it crumbled both times thankfully.

I'm gonna raise a stone for Ireland at the Pirate Party headquarters here in Stockholm
    I used to link music in my signature but nowadays I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by 2dfruit View Post
    The reason eircom did it was because they basically couldn't turn the offer down. Financial situation and that. They're a terrible company anyway. I'm sure they've alienated a lot of their customers.

I switched to BT the morning it was announced. Cheaper and better customer service. They know how to actually run a business. Took me all of 10mins over the phone.
    Oh yeah, a terribly structured organisation. Another thing we can thank Bertie for! This country has lost out so much just so politicians could line their pockets that bit more by floating Telecom Eireann. We'll be waiting years for proper high speed broadband while they keep trying to assure us that we're a competitive country. Fuckin' bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by janzak View Post
    I'm gonna raise a stone for Ireland at the Pirate Party headquarters here in Stockholm
    Cheers man, but make it a pint if you don't mind. The only thing I need a stone for is to smash my fiendish Eircom router with.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfromkibbly View Post
    bent over like a little bitch and allowed the big, veiny cock of the music industry's legal deparment to enter it unclenched.
    HAHAHAHA....fucking great shit man...I feel you on that censorship issue also...im working on a job here in China and it wasnt until recentley that I could log onto sites such as youtube, facebook, Cnn...Proxy servers ftw...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast