CPU load in 2.6.1
    Tech Wizard

Default CPU load in 2.6.1

Hey guys

i hoping that someone can help me with my new update and the CPU loading. I know there have been threads about this made by other people but i cant seem to find a solution from what i have read so far.

Since updating to Mountain Lion and Traktor 2.6.1, i have the biggest spikes in CPU. I can't play songs without glitches and even when i have nothing loaded in the decks, the load meter is still in the red. I never had this problem before updating, i dont think i had ever gotten it past half way while pushing everything to the max.

Im running an iMac at the moment with 3.2GHz i3 processor, 4GB of ram... would have thought this was enough to run the updated 2.6 with no problems... And yes i have already tried removing key lock, playing with latency settings and the like.

Any more ideas??

Thanks
    Traktor Kontrol S2 - Traktor Kontrol F1 - i5 iMac
    2007 MacBook - V-Moda Crossfade LP - Aiaiai TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition

Tech Wizard

I found out that the more CPU stresser are effects.

Is enough to have loaded into banks FXs to consume a lot of CPU.

Try this:

1) If you are using 4 banks reduce them to 2;
    2) Assign a button to empty them (no effects selected) and press it before a deck load.

Reduced the CPU load for me (Core Due2 1.66ghz).

Tech Convert

I use i7 and Windows 8 and it is still unusable... had to downgrade back to 2.6.0 and it works fine. I think I'll just use MIK for now until NI sort things out.

Tech Wizard

Well I'm not sure what has happened in the last couple of days, however after a reset, everything is working as it should do now! Even working remix decks and effects as hard as they go, the CPU is handling it fine!
    Gotta love it
    Traktor Kontrol S2 - Traktor Kontrol F1 - i5 iMac
    2007 MacBook - V-Moda Crossfade LP - Aiaiai TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition

Tech Convert

you didn't do anything and it just fixed(?) itself? hmmmm.. should i re-update to 2.6.1 again? since i am using windows 8, I have a feeling that i wouldn't be so lucky....

Quote Originally Posted by sfkim44 View Post
    you didn't do anything and it just fixed(?) itself? hmmmm.. should i re-update to 2.6.1 again? since i am using windows 8, I have a feeling that i wouldn't be so lucky....
    No problems here on Windows 8.

Tech Wizard

Any other clues?

sfkim44

Did you Re Update? Since the update I have been having a problem with my HD running non stop once I open Traktor and keeps running after I close it, happens only when I open Traktor

Rookie Question - How do I roll it back to 2.6.0 - Sorry for the newbie question....

Thanks

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by renegaderadio View Post
    sfkim44

Did you Re Update? Since the update I have been having a problem with my HD running non stop once I open Traktor and keeps running after I close it, happens only when I open Traktor

Rookie Question - How do I roll it back to 2.6.0 - Sorry for the newbie question....

Thanks
    On Mac, go to Applications/Native Instruments/Traktor 2/Backup. You will find all old versions in there. Pick the version you want to roll back to.

Now import your collection nml from the current version and run a Check Consistency. You might also need to import your tsi files and tweak a few things.