Denon DN X1600 Traktor Pro 2 setup tutorial anyone ? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Yea I tried that and it said cant select, odd isnt it, getting loads of drop outs due to it :/

Also I was just confused and if you could clarify, when you went about setting up the mixer for external use did that mean it would only work if you had decks or cdjs plugged in ? Or can Traktor send the audio through usb to the mixer and use externally ?

If so that means when I mix internally I must use the master setting correct ?

Also my VU meters dont work on the channels, im guessing I have to map these too yes ?

Sorry for the late reply, was away from the mixer for a week.

if you mix internally set one channel as the master and have the others on midi mode.
    well in my video i am mixing externally through the software (so my x1's basically act as cdjs), but if i had a cdj plugged in it would work without changing anything.
    ya if you use the internal mode you would have to map the vu meters unfortunately.
    basically if you want to use traktor's eq, use internal mode, if you want to use the mixers eq, set it up how i have it.
    p.s i don't use the denon's soundcard, i use the audio 6 as i have a lot of glitches etc.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

snaregoesmeow

How is this mixer, BTW? Just saw a used one yesterday at Guitar Center for $349.

best bang for your buck by a long shot.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

thanks for clearing that up

I have followed your instructions on that video for external mode fully, VU meters work onscreen in traktor but no sound or VU whatsoever on the mixer.

What could be wrong ?

Im pretty sure I want to be using the mixers EQs rather than traktors like yourself.

Damn this mixer hahaha

When it works It will be unreal im sure :P

Quote Originally Posted by snaregoesmeow View Post
    How is this mixer, BTW? Just saw a used one yesterday at Guitar Center for $349.
    Which guitar center? It must've been a floor model right?
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by Da3dalus View Post
    thanks for clearing that up

I have followed your instructions on that video for external mode fully, VU meters work onscreen in traktor but no sound or VU whatsoever on the mixer.

What could be wrong ?

Im pretty sure I want to be using the mixers EQs rather than traktors like yourself.

Damn this mixer hahaha

When it works It will be unreal im sure :P
    ok, traktor set to external mixing mode? usb plugged in and mixer set to usb b mode? matrix inputs set to appropriate position (1/2, 3/4 etc) usb
    output, input routings set correctly?

... just go through the list

uhhh quick question, where are the level knobs on the mixer set? should be 12 o'clock (seems silly but i've seen it before)

AFAIK, you can only change the sampling rate of the X-1600 when it's in USB 'A' mode, i.e. not connected to Traktor. To change it (as mentioned before):

- Ensure your mixer is not connected to your computer (or select USB A mode).
    - Press "Utility", then scroll to "System" with the effects dial.
    - "FS 96" should be displayed, you can then select which sampling rate you want.

I found that using the 96kHz on the X-1600 mode always adds pops, clicks and instability in Traktor (on a 16GB, SSD 2011 MBP), so I personally use the 48kHz option. I'm not sure if it matters, but I make sure the sampling rate in Traktor's preferences are set the same as the X-1600 too. I'm no audio expert but I think it's so Traktor isn't resampling your audio to a higher quality from the X-1600 which adds latency, or vice versa. Then adjust the latency slider to suit. (The latency slider on my MBP is set to 192).

With these settings, I'm able to use the X-1600's DVS features on two channels (decks A / B) and two CDJ's controlling the other two decks with the audio routed to the other two channels on the mixer with no glitches.

Hope this helps!
    TSP 2.6.1 | 2 x CDJ 2000 Nexus | 2 x Technics 1210 MK5 | Denon DNX-1600 | Behringer DDM4000 w/Infinium X1 | MBP | A&H Xone K2 | Akai APC 40 & MPK 25 | Novation Launchpad | Pioneer HDJ 2000 & 500 | Audio 8 DJ | Ableton Live 9

http://www.mixcloud.com/lineypirate/http://www.soundcloud.com/lineypirate/

Tech Mentor

thanks Jester, yo uwont believe it when I was thinkign about that level knob at work, when I came back there I turned it up, problem solved, im sucha n00b haha how embarrassing thanks for your patience with me man and again great vid

Thanks Lineypirate did that figured that out by accident earlier too when I hadnt the mixer plugged in via USB.

Thanks lads

had a great sesh there of some old school trance haha lovely mixer with the X1

sweet!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast