Denon DN X1600 Traktor Pro 2 setup tutorial anyone ?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Denon DN X1600 Traktor Pro 2 setup tutorial anyone ?

Just got my new denon mixer, and am still trying to figure out how to set it up correctly to use with traktor pro 2.

first off I installed the asio driver for denon.

Then I went to setup the usb in utilitys.

So far I understand that I want the mixer to be set on USB B ?

And I have set in usbassign, USB 1/2 to Master and USB 3/4 to Master, even though it says to change it to cue monitor bus, but this is not available to be selected? USB channel 5/6 disabled, USB 7/8 disabled.

At this stage I dont know what I am doing.

In traktor audio device settings it says, the device is connected with asio denon but the output routing needs to be configured, I look in this section but there are no outputs to be selected.

I dont want to do too much fiddling with this mixer incase I do something silly.

If anyone could walk me through how they set up their Denon with TP2 I would be so happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Da3dalus View Post
    Just got my new denon mixer, and am still trying to figure out how to set it up correctly to use with traktor pro 2.

first off I installed the asio driver for denon.

Then I went to setup the usb in utilitys.

So far I understand that I want the mixer to be set on USB B ?

And I have set in usbassign, USB 1/2 to Master and USB 3/4 to Master, even though it says to change it to cue monitor bus, but this is not available to be selected? USB channel 5/6 disabled, USB 7/8 disabled.

At this stage I dont know what I am doing.

In traktor audio device settings it says, the device is connected with asio denon but the output routing needs to be configured, I look in this section but there are no outputs to be selected.

I dont want to do too much fiddling with this mixer incase I do something silly.

If anyone could walk me through how they set up their Denon with TP2 I would be so happy.

http://usa.d-mpro.com/us/denondj/Pro...ductId=DNX1600

Try there!!!!!
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.

"Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

i'll do a video for you later mate. can be a bit confusing at first.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

did you do the firmware update 2000sys yet?
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    did you do the firmware update 2000sys yet?
    Thanks a million man

I have updated the asio driver to the one which came with the cd. Not sure what the 2000sys is?

Ive managed to get sound coming through the mixer now, but all the channels are mapped differently within traktor so I cant use the EQs or pretty much any knob or fader to do anything within traktor.

hold on a bit. i'll upload the firmware for you and walk you through it.

Tech Mentor

cool cool thanks man

ok grab this https://dl.dropbox.com/u/55238820/DNX1600.rar

- find the file "X1600FW.BIN"
    - put that file on a USB stick, but not in a sub folder
    - plug the stick into USB A on the mixer (mixer must be OFF)
    - Hold "MIC 2" & "DUCKING" together with the mixer still off
    - Turn on the mixer, while still holding those buttons
    - follow the onscreen prompts, the current firmware is 2000 you may have 1010 depending.

this vid may help from a bout halfway through.

will work on the setup video after lunch. i've been meaning to do one for 6 months

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast