Upgrading Recomendations - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    Yeah the whole "Traktor S4 perfect integration" thing is bull; the Reloop stuff gives 4096 ticks per rotation, which is WAY higher than the NI hardware.

EDIT: S4 is 1000 ticks, NS6 had 3600, not sure about the NS7.
    Does Reloop gear rely on TSI mappings? According to staff at Reloop you can't make use of the high-res jogs with just a basic TSI mapping:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/05/0...ey-3-reviewed/
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Does Reloop gear rely on TSI mappings? According to staff at Reloop you can't make use of the high-res jogs with just a basic TSI mapping:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/05/0...ey-3-reviewed/
    AFAIK, Traktor DOES have native support for most Reloop gear now, it's been added progressively over the past few versions. Personally, I use my own mapping for the TM4 though, so I couldn't comment on the NI presets efficacy... all I know is, of all the controllers I've used (including the S4, the NS6, the DDJ-S1 and various low budget controllers), the TM4 has the best jogwheels I've EVER used.

Most reviewers have actually focussed on that particular aspect more than any other, for example:
    http://www.djbooth.net/index/dj-equi...-dj-controller

In fact, the ONLY criticism anyone seemed to be able to level at it was the fact it shipped with Serato DJ Intro (so you could only use 2 decks), which it doesn't anymore; it comes with the full whack Serato DJ which gives you EVERYTHING, so basically the only criticism people had about it doesn't apply anymore

Tech Guru

From the review you linked:
    "In Serato DJ Intro, the DJ will have the tightest Jog Wheel integration of all and scratching will be much nicer than on Virtual DJ LE or Traktor."

Have they updated the TM4 in some way since then that improves jog response? Or is this just incorrect info by the reviewer.

Where did you see that full Serato DJ is now included btw? Both the Serato and Reloop websites seem to suggest it still comes with Intro.
    Last edited by makar1; 03-03-2013 at 05:08 PM.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    From the review you linked:
    "In Serato DJ Intro, the DJ will have the tightest Jog Wheel integration of all and scratching will be much nicer than on Virtual DJ LE or Traktor."

Have they updated the TM4 in some way since then that improves jog response? Or is this just incorrect info by the reviewer.
    I'm pretty sure it's just an assumption made by the reviewer based on the fact that support for the TM4 is integrated into Serato; it's still MIDI control though, so theoretically there should be no difference whatsoever. Personally, I found Serato inferior to Traktor all-round; from scratching, to FX, to information display.

The key to getting ANY controller working at its best is tweaking your mappings over, and over, and over again until they suit YOU perfectly. I can, however, give one specific example of why the TM4's jogs are incredible... there's no sticker drift. At all. I can mark the jogwheel with a label, align a cue point with a beat on the track, scroll back through half the track and then forwards to that same cue point, and the label will be in EXACTLY the same position it was originally. At any speed, any acceleration, and any form of movement. For a MIDI controller, that's a ridiculously rare thing.

Tech Guru

AFAIK using MIDI as the communication protocol is one reason why jog wheels have poor integration, whereas HID gives the better response needed for scratching. From what I've read so far, only the 4TRAK and Pio CDJs have overcome the Traktor jogwheel limitation.

If you use the TM4 with either Serato or Traktor you'll still have to buy the software separately right?

Tech Mentor

Okay, all this buzz about the TM four made me do some fact checking AND I have found a discrepancy

Reloop's site say the TM4 comes with a copy of serato DJ and Serato video
    Serato says I have to upgrade my license to use the TM4 with seratio DJ

Whos telling the truth?

Tech Guru

Looks like they have a limited promotional offer on the software, but the online shops I checked all say out of stock/coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zer0beet View Post
    Okay, all this buzz about the TM four made me do some fact checking AND I have found a discrepancy

Reloop's site say the TM4 comes with a copy of serato DJ and Serato video
    Serato says I have to upgrade my license to use the TM4 with seratio DJ

Whos telling the truth?
    Reloop are. Pretty much any Reloop supplier in the UK can get the TM4 in with a 3-4 day order time, and it WILL come with the full Serato DJ. Mine did, and although I got it second-user, I'm pretty sure the original owner bought it from Cookies in Stoke-on-Trent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12