Live streaming DJ sets, help!
    Tech Convert

Default Live streaming DJ sets, help!

Hi all,

Recently came up with the idea to put on a live stream to help promote my club night, I just need some tips on how to set up a proffesional looking/sounding stream.

I have access to 2 computers, my laptop (running Traktor) and my desktop which I was going to use for webcam and audio. I was just going to go from my booth out on my mixer into the line in of my desktop but the sound quality is awful! There is a lot of distortion.

I use Traktor Scratch Pro, with turntables and a mixer using an Audio 6

Can anyone help? It would be appreciated!

Aiden
    Stanton STR8-150 x2 - Denon DN-x300 - Kontrol X1 - Traktor Audio 6 - Dell Inspiron M5030 running Traktor Scratch 2.6.1

www.soundcloud.com/lemon-smasha
    www.soundcloud.com/hustlesheffield

Tech Guru

Can't you record directly from the sound card?

Tech Guru

If you have multiple computers I would suggest checking out wirecast. It can do multiple camera switching and also inject your desktop.

The way I have mine setup is 2 black magic HDMI input cards along with 3 Logitech C-920 cameras. Wirecast becomes your 'video switcher' so to speak and works rather well.

Wirecast is not cheap but in my opinion it is well worth the money if you are serious about video broadcasting.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    Can't you record directly from the sound card?
    I record mixes every week, Just fancied trying live stream so I have an actual audience to get a reaction from and so I can showcase some of the DJ's we get playing.
    Stanton STR8-150 x2 - Denon DN-x300 - Kontrol X1 - Traktor Audio 6 - Dell Inspiron M5030 running Traktor Scratch 2.6.1

Tech Guru

Yea, so change the mic setting on your stream to the audio card, just as if you're doing a mix.

I'm just guessing though :P

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    Yea, so change the mic setting on your stream to the audio card, just as if you're doing a mix.
    Ahh right I get you!
    Only problem is that I'll be using the audio 6 connected to my laptop while using my desktop to stream with, I think the only solution I can find is buying another audio interface for my desktop...

Use the rec out on your mixer, it will sound a lot better. If your only option is to use your booth out, just turn the volume down on it.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by OmniRoss View Post
    Use the rec out on your mixer, it will sound a lot better. If your only option is to use your booth out, just turn the volume down on it.
    I don't have a rec out I didn't think it made much difference! (Learn something new every day!)

Thanks for the advice!

Tech Guru

Ahhhh. I see now.

Well, desktop PCI sound cards are relatively cheap. Probably about 30 bucks can get you a nice one, and it'll probably have less latency than the Audio 6.

If above doesn't work.