HELP ! Pioneer DJ Equipment !

Default HELP ! Pioneer DJ Equipment !

Hi There,

I have a few questions about Pioneer DJ equipment. First of all its been 6 - 8 months that I started DJ-ing. I started off with the Numark Mixdeck but then I decided that its time to change and too move on. I talked to my mates that work in a night club / beach as DJ's. They told me its better to stick with Pioneer as they are the top DJ company and propose the best products.

I am currently hesitating between buying the cdj350's x2 + djm 350 or the ddj t1. I've been using traktor for quite a while but this 'sync' feature is just killing the art and is just too tempting to use as it is right here in front of your face (yes that sounds stupid :P).

And I need to travel soon, am I able to bring the DJ equipment with me ? If so how ? On board or as luggage ?

Tech Mentor

If you are using Traktor with the CDJ's, then pick up some used CDJ-400's so you can use them in HID mode. I would also skip the DJM350 and get either a used DJM-400 or a new DJM-250.

As for taking them on a plane... you will need to purchase flight cases and check them.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Tech Guru

Pioneer do make the club standard CDJs, but the 350s and 400s are not really on the same level.

Have you considered the DDJ-SX at all?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by jesse View Post
    They told me its better to stick with Pioneer as they are the top DJ company and propose the best products.
    Yeah, there's a lot of delusional people out there unfortunately.

I've been using traktor for quite a while but this 'sync' feature is just killing the art and is just too tempting to use as it is right here in front of your face (yes that sounds stupid :P).
    If you're a new DJ, you might want to start reading about the OTHER things you can do during your set. DJing isn't all about beatmatching these days. Sync just frees up time you could be spending doing other, more interesting things.

Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Ahahaha :P

Default Thank You for all of your answers.

Ok, Well thank you for the replies you guys gave me.

About the SX, I am not a fan of serato. And i can't use rekordbox to arrange my sets with it. That's why I am also aiming at the cdj's..

Well I am planing on buying the 350's in a kit (with cables / flight case / 2x cdj / 1x djm) that comes with the djm 350. Is there anything bad about the 350 ? Why should I skip it ?

Tech Guru

The CDJ 400s have HID control which works better than the basic MIDI control of the 350s.

You don't have to use Serato with the SX by the way - it works well in Traktor too.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Well I am planing on buying the 350's in a kit (with cables / flight case / 2x cdj / 1x djm) that comes with the djm 350. Is there anything bad about the 350 ? Why should I skip it ?
    Well if you want to waste £1500, we can't stop you lol.