Need Help: computer crashes a lot with Audio 8 DJ

Default Need Help: computer crashes a lot with Audio 8 DJ

I recently bought a new lappie (Toshiba Portege m800 E11) and it works quite ok. I installed XP right away and had some issues finding the right drivers for all the parts, but in the end everything was installed and it all worked perfectly with the Audio 8 DJ and Traktor Pro.

I downloaded Foobar for regular mp3 playing and my computer froze and needed to be rebooted manually. When I rebooted it, it jammed again quite fast, ergo I deleted foobar as quickly as I could.

Now everytime I start my laptop with the audio 8 dj cable connected it freezes up on me, either during windows itself (just for no specific reason) or when I try to start up Traktor. Problem is, it's not all the time, so I can't really point out when it happens, just that it happens when the audio 8 dj is connected.

I did have an issues before all this that I occasionally had to reinstall the drivers for audio 8 DJ and needed to research it, but didn't get to it yet.

What am I to do now? I tried it on another computer and everything works peachy on that one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

try a fresh install of XP and only install the A8 drivers, see if it happens then. if it does, it sounds like a hardware compatibility issue to me.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Thanks for the information!

I didn't reinstall everything yet, but i did upgrade the BIOS and de-installed all stuff unneccesary. It appears to be working right now, tonight I'm gonna test it for the long run.
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9