Get an APC40 now? Lauchpad maybe?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Get an APC40 now? Lauchpad maybe?

I almost buying one new APC40 and I need to know:

Anyone thinks this is not to good now? APC40 is become old? Or is a great equipment yet?

Launchpad its a option, but I think you have more control of every thing with APC right?

Tech Guru

Up to you if it fits your needs. I didn't like using it for Traktor so I got a Denon MC-3000 instead, but you may like it. The price hs droppped quite abit though.

Tech Convert

I don't have an APC40 but I have APC20 and it's practicly the same.

My opinions:
    Beautiful job they did in AKAI, the controller is stable and durable.

Disadvantages:
    The main disadvantage in my opinion is that you need an external power suply and a short cable, so you can't really lift it up and do something like with Maschine or something similar.
    Buttons have some kind of a double click but so as the Launchpad, so there is a chance that sometimes you think that something changed but you didn't press the button right.
    Faders show just the right amount of resistance so you won't change the volume by accident or something.
    You're gonna probably lose the cap on an encoder since it really easy falls off.

Hope you'll find this helpful.

I have a Launchpad. I love it. It gives you complete control over Live for all your performance needs...

BUT - you can only adjust volume/sends (basically any knob/fader type para) in 8 steps (because a verticle row of buttons is 8 buttons). NOt a deal braker, and it doesn't really bother me - but it is something to bear in mind. Obviously NOT if yu use another controller for volume/sends, etc...

I've always liked the look of the APC40 - but there are a LOT of controls (and layes, and presets) on it - I doubt many people use it to it's full potential...

While th elaunch pad is easy to master (Mixer and Session Modes are extremely intuitive) and User Mode 1 and 2 are completely configurable to you rown needs.

Do I sound biased?!?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

I have the APC40 and 20....class bit of kit. I have zero issues.

Had it now for about 2 years. It goes with me to ALL my gigs and outdoors too.

Couple of dirty fader issues, but that is it!

Built really well...and durable. You will not be sorry.

If you dont like it, someone will take it off your hands...but you will like it.

Think of it this way....its everything that jogless controllers are heading towards. Look at the F1...etc. Color Buttons....Faders...rotary knobs.

I personally dont subscribe to the fad where you need to get the latest controller in order to be on top of your game.

I luckily had the foresight that this is where controllers were heading.

VERY happy with them!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Wizard

First of all, TNX for all your help

I`m thinking in get it, looks a good choice.

Patch, The launchpad is great and portable, but I think u have more control of everty thing in apc no?!

SlvrDragon, I have one MC3000 too. I bought it 3 mounths ago, GREAT controller right?! I love it

The thing is, for ableton I think the APC40 is made-for-it no guys?

For Traktor, i read a lot of things and u CANT use it with the remix decks right? This is true? Only the F1? If yes, in this case launchpad will not work too, so... This is a realy sad part :/

Tnx gain for every comment

Thats all correct.

The APC is a midi controller in the end...so you can make it do what you want in Traktor.

The Remix Decks are locked at the moment...to only the F1.

So while you can map the APC to the Remix Decks, you can only play the first slot in each.
    So you can still use the Sample Decks for now. I am hoping that once they open the Remix Decks midi up....i will be able to map it....but I do not know if that will or will not be possible.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Guru

Yup! Made for Ableton. It's PERFECT in that aspect, but I found that I didn't need the APC40 for music production (would rather have a large midi keyboard), and I didn't like DJing in Ableton.

APC40 was going for about $240 on Amazon yesterday, today it's $186. This may or may not be because they started taking pre-orders for the Push, as I've seen the price on it fluctuate wildly in the past as well.
    Facebook : Soundcloud : Beatport DJ : Twitter DJ
    My Show: Sunday Nights 00:00 - 02:00 GMT (7pm -9pm EST) on Fokus FM Radio
    My Setup

I've just recently got Live 8, and I'm thinking about getting a controller for it, wanted the M-Audio UC-3ee but unfourtunatly I think it has been discontinued :/ I can't afford an APC so I think a Launchpad will be my choice.... I'm a proper ableton beginner so is the Launchpad recommended?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast