Think about purchasing the Korg Km 202
    Tech Guru

Default Think about purchasing the Korg Km 202

Hey guys I found a great deal on ebay for one of these mixers that basically saves me 100 bucks from there and it also has free shipping to Canada. At the moment I use a VCI 100, Nano Pad, and TT's with timecode to audio 8. Can anyone give me any advice on setting up the mixer in Traktor? I'm a little hesistant because the VCI is so functional for basically everything I do with Traktor.

Tech Mentor

I'm pretty sure you'd just route your audio outs to the mixer, but I'm not sure.

Do some research on external mixing mode?
    I'm not good at things, but I like to pretend I am.
    :Project-Segfault:

do the proper audio routing, set up external mixing mode in traktor and then use the mixer to mix and use the vci-100 for everything else and have fun assigning all those knobs and sliders on the vci that used to function like the mixer did. use them for fx/ looping etc.

from what i have read, the korg 202 isn't a great mixer by any means. i would personally get something more solid in the mixer department and skip on board fx for now.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I use the KM-404. It's not a great mixer, but the Kaoss Pad is fun to play with and it works. Be careful with it, cause everything feels kinda flimsy, but it sounds pretty and it's got some cool toys that most mixers don't have.

You'd set it up like any other mixer. And then you can make your VCI do even more
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Guru

Hey just have another question about the mixer. The channel fader inputs seem to get into the red very easily, I can't go very loud without them getting red so what's the deal. Am I not suppose to be in the red or is my audio not turned up somewhere.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

On the 402 I don't have pre-gain meters. I only have total. So it sucks cause I never know what my levels are and have to do it by ear.

That's my one main complaint about the mixer. You just need to make it sound good, I guess.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall