Pioneer CDJ spinback sound on Kontrol s4 - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by thesalivationarmy View Post
    sry but im so so tired of hearing this
    there's other genres out there y'all, and i will pay you money to go to a proper dancehall party and a) not hear at least one pull up -have to admit they're not called spin backs on this side of ocean- b) not witness the crowd lose it when the dj pulls it up

all of that being said i agree that unless you're using a cdj you might wanna download a sample trigger (last time i pulled up on a controller it killed the whole deck on traktor somehow... still need to figure out why that is, no more pull ups until i do..
    and please no more air horns

What do you call them ?

>

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    and please no more air horns

What do you call them ?

>
    im just sayin, let the person at the decks do what they want if the dancefloors loving it, idc

It's true, in dancehall and reggae shows the spin back (or pull up or whatever) is routine, and somehow people love it. Drove me crazy when I was in Kingston; loved the sound clash parties I went to but I came away from there thinking nobody knows how to DJ down there....
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

The s4's jog wheels are plasticy at best. Do it by hand. or use the tt effect in traktor. If i had an s4 handy, i could be more helpful mate. Im sure this can be completed somehow with intelligent mapping.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    Don't do spin backs.. please. Thank you.

The spin back was invented on the SL-1200 because there was no other effects possible.

Today it is the cheesiest effect out there. Don't do it.

If you have to be a cheeseball. Download a sample and trigger it when you want in the sample decks.

They always sound the same anyway... woobbooubbuulllooobbouuhhhblblbloouoooo
    Everything you say on this forum is so incredibly uninformed...

Do you know ANYTHING about any of the genres besides what you play?

Backspin is an effect that sounds great in a lot of contexts. Have you ever heard a good DnB DJ?
    Last edited by tekki; 03-08-2013 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Mind the language please.

Quote Originally Posted by octostout View Post
    Everything you say on this forum is so incredibly uninformed...

Do you know ANYTHING about any of the genres besides what you play?

Backspin is an effect that sounds great in a lot of contexts. Have you ever heard a good DnB DJ?
    Sorry man. I guess I admit I was wrong. Backspins are quite harsh to my ear drums.

I never been to a DnB party. I don't think it would interest me.

I need to hit up a dancehall party soon. I hope I am not disappointed.

The mixtapes I've heard are quite annoying. Maybe it's something you have to experience live .. after a few Red Stripes and some second hand smoke.

>
    Last edited by tekki; 03-08-2013 at 08:07 PM.

There is nothing better than a good rewind at a drum and bass party. I have done many myself to great effect.
    TSP2 | Kontrol S4 | Pioneer DJM-800 | 2 Kontrol X1s | Kontrol F1 | Maschine | 2 Technics 1210 MK5s
    Other Cool Stuff: Serato | Dicers | Ableton Live | Launchpad | Ortofon S-120s | Ortofron Nightclubs / Headshell Mounted
    My Control Vinyl Collection: Picasa Album | Facebook Album 1 | Facebook Album 2

Maybe map the tt effect as a jog effect, and mess around with the parameters and invert the control so when you back spin it modulates the effect forward? And maybe a slight high and mid increase, with a slight low decrease.
    Macbook 13" 4 gb ram, traktor pro 2.6, kontrol x1, Kontrol z2, kontrol f1, midi fighter spectra, midi fighter 3d,
    Text, let's talk about edm or mixing! 831-801-1774

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonitekillz View Post
    There is nothing better than a good rewind at a drum and bass party. I have done many myself to great effect.
    have you done it in traktor annnnd do you get that thing where right after you do the deck totally dies?

Ive never had the deck dieing problem with traktor......

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast