Getting Xone 92 this week, right..
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Getting Xone 92 this week, right..

I have Maschine and Traktor synced up. I use 2 Traktor decks for tracks, and the 3rd Traktor deck has Maschine routed via live input so that I can use my 2nd X1 for FX over Maschine, I
    Can't use 4th Traktor deck because my mixer only has 3 line inputs. Hence the Xone upgrade.

I've watched Chris Liebings 'how I play' video. And I want to go the same way,
    Using the 92's 4 channels for 4 Traktor decks and then having Maschine connected through the mic or aux channel.

And I will find out how to get the send and returns going so I will be able to apply some FX over Maschine, (I'm sure it's send/return with ableton somehow)

So, if I do this, and undo having Maschine as a live input inside a Traktor deck, and just have it in a separate channel on my 92, will this effect my Traktor and Maschine sync?

Will I have to re-set anything up or will this change not affect anything?
    Last edited by Superfreak; 03-06-2013 at 04:32 AM.

Tech Mentor

the sync should be the same assuming you sync'd maschine and traktor somehow in the first place, you only changed sound routing the MIDI clock should stay the same.

I'd be more worried about the soundcard:
    4x RCA outs for Traktor decks
    1x 1/4 balanced or unbalanced stereo out for Maschine (balanced into aux return or unbalanced into one of the channels, losing a traktor deck)
    1x Balanced stereo or mono in
    1x Balanced stereo or mono out (send/return loop into ableton)

edit: after checking the Xone accepts unbalanced as well as balanced so routing will be easier!
    Last edited by Ashigari; 03-06-2013 at 05:42 AM.
    Xone 42, X1, Audio 8, Maschine mikro

Okay cool yeah I followed a tutorial and got Traktor and Masc synced up.

Okay you've answered greatly, I was also wondering how exactly I would connect the two together. I know there's only one 1/4 socket on the audio 10, that's the phones.

So would I need

1x dual 1/4 TRS to dual RCA cable, going from the 'MAIN OUT'(RCA) of audio 10 and into either the AUX 1 L & R or AUX 2 L & R (1/4).
    And that's all I need to do to have Maschine audio come out by my mixer, adjusting the volume with the Aux volume knob..
    (Ill do the aux way because I want to use all 4 channels for 4 Traktor decks atm).

How exactly would I get the send and returns for ableton routed? I'm looking a picture of the mixer rear,
    And I can see 'RETURN 1' 'RETURN 2' both have 'L/M & R' 1/4 sockets.
    So what cables would I need and where exactly would I plug them in and out, for the ableton part. This is what I would have to do in order to use my plug ins in ableton over Maschine stuff right?

Thank you mate

Tech Mentor

Hey mate
    got the same setup at home and i have the maschine connected to one of the return/mic channels (audio 10 main out with a normal chich cables and some adapter 1/4 adapters on it), i don't know how or if it will work if you connect it to the aux channel.
    to your questions regarding the send/return effects with ableton, check out this thread i opened when i got my new 92:
    http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=63919
    you should find what you need there.
    Macbook Pro, TP 2.6, 2* Kontrol X1, A&H xone:92, NI Maschine, 2* KRK Rokit 5s, Sennheiser HD 25-II
    http://www.mixcloud.com/_volpe/

Hey Volpe.
    Okay so RCA > audio 10 main out to 1/4 > into the L/M - R of one of the return channels yeah? Return 1 or return 2 any one the two is okay yeah? And do you use the MIC volume knob to control the Maschine volume?

Ah yeah I have been reading that thread as it goes, @Ashigari seems to have the knowledge about this, I'm going to read the thread again tomorrow when I have the 92 here with me!

Thanks mate, I will let you know how it goes!

Tech Mentor

Yep both are okay. Just turn the channels to send/return with the button on top and put down the switch above the fader that says "duck"
    You can then control the volume with the fader and the gain/volume knob.
    Macbook Pro, TP 2.6, 2* Kontrol X1, A&H xone:92, NI Maschine, 2* KRK Rokit 5s, Sennheiser HD 25-II
    http://www.mixcloud.com/_volpe/

Nice one! It should be arriving today! But I haven't got any RCA to 1/4 cables :-( so going to have to wait until I get them before I can try Maschine out in it, uff. Lol

Yes, Duck had to be On. That was the mistake I made too haha. It sounded like shit until Duck went on.
    MacBook Pro 13 (Q1 2011) | Adam A5X | Akai APC20 | Alesis QX49 | Behringer BCR2000 | NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Guru

I don't think you can do it with an Audio 10, I think you need a second laptop running Ableton Live. Pretty sure he uses to Audio8DJ so that they're buss powered of the laptops.

But this will get you close.

You can either sacrifice Ableton Live and just run Maschine standalone or host Maschine inside Ableton Live. I think Maschine standalone will be tighter midi sync, but haven't tested it.

You output your 4 decks out of the main connections on the back of A10 into 4 main mixer channels on Xone 92

Front output is for Maschine into the return of channel 1 of send/return on Xone 92.

You then have spare inputs on Traktor depending if you are using them for vinyl/CDJ control input.

So there's one input left on the front you could use this to input from the send of channel 2 of send/return on Xone92.

This could then be routed back into Traktor or into Maschine.

If you add Ableton into the equation you could swap the input/output that goes into Maschine and then you would host Maschine inside of Ableton as a VST.

So you could then use Ableton FX as a send return from Traktor, but you can't have both an FX send/Return and Maschine on two separate channels of the send return.

Or you could sacrifice a deck in Traktor.

I think this is right?

What NI should do is make a Audio 12 DJ.

And a six channel mixer like the z2 and call it the z6

Or maybe a 4 channel with faders and keep a special channel dedicated with Maschine and have a send return, so we could use it with Ableton

Quote Originally Posted by ekwipt View Post
    I don't think you can do it with an Audio 10, I think you need a second laptop running Ableton Live. Pretty sure he uses to Audio8DJ so that they're buss powered of the laptops.

But this will get you close.

You can either sacrifice Ableton Live and just run Maschine standalone or host Maschine inside Ableton Live. I think Maschine standalone will be tighter midi sync, but haven't tested it.

You output your 4 decks out of the main connections on the back of A10 into 4 main mixer channels on Xone 92

Front output is for Maschine into the return of channel 1 of send/return on Xone 92.

You then have spare inputs on Traktor depending if you are using them for vinyl/CDJ control input.

So there's one input left on the front you could use this to input from the send of channel 2 of send/return on Xone92.

This could then be routed back into Traktor or into Maschine.

If you add Ableton into the equation you could swap the input/output that goes into Maschine and then you would host Maschine inside of Ableton as a VST.

So you could then use Ableton FX as a send return from Traktor, but you can't have both an FX send/Return and Maschine on two separate channels of the send return.

Or you could sacrifice a deck in Traktor.

I think this is right?

What NI should do is make a Audio 12 DJ.

And a six channel mixer like the z2 and call it the z6

Or maybe a 4 channel with faders and keep a special channel dedicated with Maschine and have a send return, so we could use it with Ableton
    I replied to you on NI forums mate!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast