Serious Platter Problem (heellllp!)
    Tech Wizard

Default Serious Platter Problem (heellllp!)

Ok...either this is something simple or something major I screwed up. So as I said in a couple of other posts that I was scared to go inside of equipment because my hands aren't gentle. Well, I finally got inside of my VCI and "seemingly" was able to sucessfully stabalize my platters and get everything in working order without turning into DESTRUCTO!

Well...not quite.

Now that the platters are perfectly stabilized, I'm not getting ANY response when touching the platters in scratch mode. I can't cue, pitch bend or anything.

Please note that the red light under 'snap' on the deck A side and the same red light on the deck B side stays lit as if I'm touching the platters, regardless of the mode I'm in AND even when Traktor is closed on my computer. On Ean's walk through videos, I notice that his weren't lit @ all unless he touched the platter. However, the VCI data light illuminates whenever I touch the platters but the track does not responding in scratch mode.

Now in the individual deck juggle modes, I can cue like a turntable but the track does not play. It just cues as long as I'm spinning the platter. I checked the midi tks, the platter sensitivity, vinyl mode vs scratch mode and rebooted. Nothing seems to get the platters right. Everything else about the VCI works fine. Pretty much every other button I touched responded appropriately. It's only what I described above about the platters. Anyone have any thoughts?

Again, I think that red light above each platter staying lit is the giveaway. However, I don't know what to do to remedy the issue. Ean, someone, anyone...help!

Tech Wizard

Default Nevermind!

Tight screws and 100% touch sensitivity = platters think they're being touched @ all times. Forgive the anxiety attack threads. At this point I think I'm 100% and there should be no more frantic posts. I'll keep you guys posted on my custom case. The shipping department sent me someone else's case by mistake. It was the size of a Digidesign ICON digital mixer for a U2 tour.

Quote Originally Posted by DJLp View Post
    Tight screws and 100% touch sensitivity = platters think they're being touched @ all times. Forgive the anxiety attack threads. At this point I think I'm 100% and there should be no more frantic posts.
    Phew! I had to have a bit of a sit down after reading your post.
    Now you're an Electrical Engineer, please collect your BSc on the way out...