Macbook Keyboard Mapping for Traktor Remix Decks

Default Macbook Keyboard Mapping for Traktor Remix Decks

Hello Ladies and Gents... I as many others would like to be able to map my keyboard on my Macbook to be able to trigger all the slots in the Remix decks as well as some of the other functions. Namely the triggering of the slots for finger drumming and live remixing. I have the Kontrol S2 which will be doing it's job but the four trigger buttons just aren't enough.

There are quite a few sources that say this is not able to be done and that the mapping has been limited to the F1 yet the Midi-Fighters are able to do it.... so can someone help me out with this?

Thanks in advance!!

Tech Mentor

the midi fighters work by means of HID control emulating the F1 the remix deck midi mapping is limited to the top row like the old sample decks in previous traktor versions so your options are if you have an ipad using the lemur app and remix deck layout (emulates mouse clicks and is limited in sense of having to have decks c and d as remix decks) buying a MF3D or MFS unless of course you want full control then buy an F1

I don't know.. I read an extensive article on Traktor Bible that stated that there shouldn't be a reason why someone couldn't map the triggering of the cells to a controller other than the two... possibly the mac keyboard could be filtered in like an hid? It is driving me nuts. I don't need to have all the functionality of the f1 but I would like to trigger the cells and prep everything before hand. You know how it always is... something is impossible till someone does it! Thanks for your reply though, I appreciate it.

that definitely sounds like a great idea.