Using the filter as high pass raises volume?

Default Using the filter as high pass raises volume?

Hey guys,
    I use the filter knob a lot to suffocate my tracks before I kill them (ehm..) but when I cut out the lower frequencies the volume of the affected tracks really goes up... it's probably a basic issue with a simple answer (something with gain maybe? Sound compression?) but it's kind of a pain in the ass having to compensate with the volume faders.

Thank yooooou I looove yoooouuu!!
    I used to link music in my signature but nowadays I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by janzak View Post
    Hey guys,
    I use the filter knob a lot to suffocate my tracks before I kill them (ehm..) but when I cut out the lower frequencies the volume of the affected tracks really goes up... it's probably a basic issue with a simple answer (something with gain maybe? Sound compression?) but it's kind of a pain in the ass having to compensate with the volume faders.

Thank yooooou I looove yoooouuu!!
    I believe I read somewhere on this forum that the filter problem will be fixed with TPro 1.2

Change it to ladder in the eq options mate. the xone setting does seem to colour the sound.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    Change it to ladder in the eq options mate. the xone setting does seem to colour the sound.
    Yup the zone EQ adds some savage resonance >=(

Quote Originally Posted by sm00sh View Post
    I believe I read somewhere on this forum that the filter problem will be fixed with TPro 1.2
    I think you're thinking of the filter issue in 1.1.1 that was fixed in 1.1.2.

There's no mention of a filter change in 1.2.
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

Thanks for the help guys, smooth ride from here
    I used to link music in my signature but nowadays I don't.

i wish we could pick the filter emulation independent from the EQ emulation >=(