Another VCI Arcade completed without going to the machine shop! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

get on it when your doing it just keep checking the hols with one of the buttons so that you get a nice snug fit, they should clip in.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

will do this looks like fun so yeah hehe should be entertaining to see how it all goes along
    Gear: Macbook Pro 13" , Traktor Scratch Pro, VCI-100 Arcade, PIONEER HDJ 2000, CDJ 400's, Audio 8, Midifighter

Tech Mentor

i finished mine last week and just finished installing new leds. Its not as hard as you think. it took me an hour or so to do all 8 of mine. I had a bigger file though.

When i was done though the feeling of relief and excitement was kind of overwhelming haha. Nothing beats the satisfaction of doing it your self.

what leds have you instaled ? new colours or fixing broken ones?
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Mentor

swapped out all the green with white and all the yellow with blue. It was alot easier then expected. took me about an hour to do all of them.

I'm about a month away from buying my VCI and I think this post has encouraged me to go at it with a dremel... machine shop can rip it to shreds and hey, its all about saving the dough.

Awesome job man! Get some #300 sand paper and nobody will ever know you made it all escape-from-alcatraz-style!

G.

what i did was use a drill with a large drill bit first to open up most of the hole, then i used a $5 file and scraped away for bout an hour. Seriously, fuck paying shitloads of money when you can do it all at home. I didnt even use resistor thingys between the arcade buttons and the motherboard and i've had no trouble in the year i've had my VCI.

Piece of cake!

Dig it. You might get some ground-looping, and a fierce hum if you don't put those diodes in there...let alone pick up buzzing and whatnot from your cell phone and other stuff in the booth too!

G.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12