[Progressive House] Critique My Weekly Youtube EDM Mix!
    Tech Convert

Default Critique My Weekly Youtube EDM Mix!

Hey everyone, I have been doing a youtube mix show for 3 weeks now and my third video is just now up. I would love to hear what you guys have to say about it so please tear it up praise it, whatever you wanna do

To me it seems a bit like you have serious problems with audio dropouts. If youtube didn't trick me you might want to adjust your latency settings to get rid of it.
    Apart from that, some transitions sound a bit harsh to me (e.g. the first one). But I'm sure you're still learning and the more often you practice the better you get, of course
    The NI trio - Traktor Kontrol S4 - Maschine - Komplete - and some more gear...

Tech Convert

Ya I was trying to keep active and make it interesting so A few transitions are sort of forced, Ill tone those down in the next one lol.

If I send you a link to a raw download of the recording could you let me know if your still noticing the drop outs? I havent noticed them, but I dont have the most thorough understanding of exactly what to look or listen for since im so adjusted to my current set up. I also was running two process accidentally that i always close for djing. late nights...

Yeah, that might be a source for trouble. In my case it's often the wi-fi that is continously messing up the otherwise flawless audio quality.
    And yes, if you send me link I could try to find out if it was youtube or if there are some dropouts in the record.

Quote Originally Posted by danieldow View Post
    Ya I was trying to keep active and make it interesting so A few transitions are sort of forced, Ill tone those down in the next one lol.
    That's right. In the past I've had lots of experiences of that kind. Sometimes it's kind of boring to have a song playing for about 3 minutes and you just watching the peak meter. You're often ambitioned to top it all with some additional crazy stuff but unfortunately, in maybe 10% of moments of that kind I really came up with something magical then. It's sometimes hard to realize that less is more.
    On the other hand, it's primarily you who has to have fun (at least as long as one isn't paid for the current set) so it's just fine somehow.
    The NI trio - Traktor Kontrol S4 - Maschine - Komplete - and some more gear...

Tech Convert

Thanks for the advice! Nice to hear some good feedback, on my way to a gig now but ill send you the link soon. Thanks again