Need bag recommendations
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Need bag recommendations

My faithful (and unsuitable) backpack has recently took a **** and died, leaving it with only one strap. While this is fine, since I don't have to carry it for long periods of time, it just means that one strap is going to blow just that little bit faster, so time is ticking.

I use a 15.6" (Yes, 15.6) laptop and an audio 6 currently, which is great, but at home I have my Kontrol F1 which is soon to be two, and I'm going to stop using timecodes and get a Novation Twitch in the very near future. So I need a bag that will hold all that. All the DJs I work with bar one use UDG gear, and I find them to be fantastic, so I would like to go down that route. However, upon looking at their selection, I'm not sure which one I'd actually need. They seem either to be not enough or just complete overkill.

So, what does everyone recommend and why? Budget wise I'm expecting to go around the £150 mark, but cheaper is always better!

The DJTT backpacks have always caught my eye, but I've never pulled the trigger on it. I actually use a rollable piece of carry on luggage and it fits my S2, F1, Maschine Mikro, 15" MBP, and everything else just fine. I do feel like a bit of a nerd doing that, though.

I was sad to see that DJTT discontinued their specifically branded backpack. Looked really good.

I just bought this and love it, and got it cheap on Amazon.com, same one is listed on here for $189...
    http://www.amazon.com/Mono-Cases-EFX...words=MONO+365

Mono bags are awesome! Definitely recommend looking into them.

Just got a FlyBy recently and it is the best backpack I've owned without a doubt.

I love My Gator g-club bag. This might not the right model for you, but Gator is worth taking a look at. Great quality, super durable. Mine's been going to gigs with me at least weekly for almost 2 years now, and is barely showing signs of wear... I'm not easy on my gear, either.

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

I personally use and love the UDG Digi Backpack. I have more than enough room to fit my computer (13" macbook pro, but totally has room for bigger computers), laptop stand (crane stand), headphones (HDJ-2000's fit in the headphone pocket perfect!), vinyl records, backup CD's, Needles, extra cables, Serato Box, Dicers, and still have a lot of room honestly. Not only is it built like tank, but it's probably the most comfortable bag I've ever worn. Usually have more than enough room to bring a pint of whatever into the club too, but I never admit that
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Wizard

haha i know ill get bashed on, but any bags that actually look nice?
    my flight cases look professional and get the job done, but i want something that has some sex appeal rofl

Quote Originally Posted by androoskie View Post
    haha i know ill get bashed on, but any bags that actually look nice?
    my flight cases look professional and get the job done, but i want something that has some sex appeal rofl
    So, you're not looking for a better bag but a bigger sack?
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    So, you're not looking for a better bag but a bigger sack?
    yeah that bag is nice exactly what i was looking for

but i dont need a giant sack of testicles so good luck with that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast