Do you use the equalizer in iTunes?

Default Do you use the equalizer in iTunes?

When listing causally to tunes via iTunes or any other media player, do you use the equalizer or do you leave it off or on "flat?"

If you do use it, do you think that it disrupts any of the quality of the tracks, assuming they are 320 MP3 or WAV?
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

Tech Mentor

no

Nope, I use the tone controls on my amplifier.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I find that the 'Flat' setting is the loudest when I listen to tunes on my iPhone or iPod in the gym which helps drown out all the grunting idiots benching all jacked up on steroids. I dont need to hear all that when Im whazzing along on the treadmill.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Gryz View Post
    do you use the equalizer
    Sometimes I do. Like with old music which hasn't been equalised to my taste.

If you do use it, do you think that it disrupts any of the quality of the tracks, assuming they are 320 MP3 or WAV?
    I do it to improve the quality.

On my PC, I equalise carefully so that it doesn't clip. I particularly don't turn up the bass much without turning the volume down a lot. I dont equalise on my iPod. I believe it could be problematic due to the portable music player volume limits imposed by the EU.

I never use the iTunes EQ on my computer or iPad. IMO the music sounds best without it.

Tech Mentor

Itunes only EQs the track when played through Itunes, If you play it through Traktor/Serato or anything else it will not be EQ'd if thats what you were getting at

No, I like listening to iTunes music just the way it is.

Nope, I give a little push to the mids (and maybe the bass) on my mixer though before the music reaches the speakers.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Tech Mentor

I used to have a crappy pair of headphones that were made better only through use of the piano equalizer - an equalizer setting I quite like actually. However I stopped using it because I got a better pair of cans, and I wanted listening consistency through iTunes/Traktor, and when I was playing out of my main speakers.

Another function I used to use in iTunes was the sound enhancer? I felt it was quite good at first, but now I tend to go without it as well, what are people's experiences with this?
    Countenance - (n). Appearance or expression. (v.) Admit or accept as possible.