Technics 1200 headshell/needle/cartridge
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Technics 1200 headshell/needle/cartridge

Hi! I just scored 2 Technics 1200's for 625 from my local classifieds. They are in excellent shape but have no needle or headshell. I've been looking around and it seems like the shure m44 7 is the way to go. However they are a little pricey...and having just dropped 625 on turntables I would buy something a little more affordable. And if I do end up going with the shure's would I need to buy the headshell separately? Are there cheap standalone headshells you can buy? Thanks!

Not sure if it's still the same these days, but a few years ago Ortofon Concordes were where it was at. Bloody expensive though tbh. I used to use Marantz gear on my decks, but I wasn't a scratcher.

ebay head shells...My Blue shures have served me well...SC35C...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Just get the Shures man. Don't fuck around with cheap needles. It ain't good for sound quality, performance, or your records.

Some cheap needles are alright. You won't go wrong with Shure M35 series if you want to save a few bucks; I think they're like half the price of the 447s. And if you want to find something even cheaper, I put many miles of groove on the old Stanton 500-series before I finally got my Shures. They certainly weren't gonna wow anyone, but as all around mixing and occasional scratching carts they aren't bad for the cost.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

^^ I actually meant the SC35 series but the M35s (which I've never tried) look pretty good too.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Check proaudiostar on ebay. They throw them up from time to time at great prices. Shure 44 cartridge/needle on Technics Headshell sell for $99 on their website. But they put them on ebay for around $70 shipped a good bit.
    2x Technics SL-12000 mk2 / 2x Numark HDX
    Kontrol Z2 / Ecler Nuo 3 / Custom Vestax 07Pro 25th Anniversary, Blue Led's & integrated Audio 6 / Numark DXM06 w/innofader
    Novation Dicer / NI Maschine / Kontrol X1 / F1
    TSP2

I bought from proaudiostar (M44-7's on Technics headshells). Even with shipping to the UK, it worked out cheaper form me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast