Filter sweeps in Traktor impossible? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

so I am following armyofme's tutorial. when i add "effect 1 selector" and learn the knob I am going to use, there is no way for me to select button as type, and without that, I do not have the option to select an effect.

does this make sense?

Also, I thought we were now able to override the default traktor hardware mappings, but it looks like the X1 was excluded... so needs to be in midi-mode correct?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I believe that X1 knobs can't be mapped for button type commands...

i think i found a little loophole on how to do it with the x1. i'll post back in a few..

Tech Guru

It can be done. Just map it to a button for the time being and select what effect you want, then press the learn button again and set it for the knob......it should work after

looks like I got it to work and didn't even have to use midi-mode.

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    It can be done. Just map it to a button for the time being and select what effect you want, then press the learn button again and set it for the knob......it should work after
    this is EXACTLY what I did. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by papo View Post
    this is EXACTLY what I did. thanks
    Did you try out the soft kill (reset to 0) tweak I suggested?

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    Did you try out the soft kill (reset to 0) tweak I suggested?
    yes. I actually did it a little different than way armyofme implemented it.

On the X1, the first effect knob controls the wet/dry and all three effects, but does not turn them on or off.
    the button to the left of the knob, toggles all three effects on/off, but leaving the effects bank on, so it gives it the little tail. no sudden shut-off. it sounds great!
    Last edited by papo; 03-11-2013 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by papo View Post
    yes. I actually did it a little different than way armyofme implemented it.

On the X1, the first effect knob controls the wet/dry and all three effects, but does not turn them on or off.
    the button to the left of the knob, toggles all three effects on/off, but leaving the effects bank on, so it gives it the little tail. no sudden shut-off. it sounds great!
    Damn right Sometimes the FX Unit 3 Delay Feedback thing is nice, when you want to transition from one track to another, but when you're just accentuating a build up or change of phrase WITHIN a track, it's better just to use the 3 effects on FX Unit 1

I also have my knobs mapped as relative so Iceverb and Reverb don't go all the way to 100, obscures less of the melody at 100% that way.

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    I also have my knobs mapped as relative so Iceverb and Reverb don't go all the way to 100, obscures less of the melody at 100% that way.
    sounds like a great idea. i'll give that a try tomorrow to see how it sounds..

this is actually the first time I map something, other than storing the 1st cue point as a load marker. lol
    before i was actually turning two effects knob (reverb and filter) try to achieve an effect like this... this make it so much easier.

i need to try more mapping with effects.... thanks for all your help and input.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast