Autogain MUCH louder after Z2 & TP scratch.

Default Autogain MUCH louder after Z2 & TP scratch.

Running my Z2 and Scratch for the first time (previously running S2 and Traktor Pro), all of my tracks must be turned down an average of 10db (from +2 to -8 autogain level) to keep the levels at +3db on the Z2 LED. Seems very strange. I'm wondering if it has to do with the -9db headroom default (can't change it).
    Any ideas?
    SL1200 MK3D's, Kontrol Z2, Kontrol X1 MKII, Kontrol Z1, KRK Rokit 6's, MacBook Air, Midi Fighter 3D, Midi Fighter Pro, kazoo, gourd banjo.

NEW DEEP FUTURE BASS MIX
    Soundcloud|Mixcrate|Mixcloud|Facebook

Tech Guru

Theres all sorts of gain staging in Traktor. You have the headroom setting, the autogain, gain per channel within Traktor, the main volume knob, and then obviously you have on the hardware the channel gain. If gain staging was previously set up ok and you are not clipping within the program and only the channels of the mixer, then I would adjust the hardware gain knobs per each channel first, then if need be, the headroom setting (which is already at the highest you said) or the main volume knob within Traktor. Do your own tinkenring and see what works for u, but just remember all of these I just mentioned affect the channel output within your mixer

Tech Guru

What position are your Z2 gain knobs in?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

The hardware channel gain was at 11-12:00. It didn't appear to be clipping within Traktor, just the mixer. I went back dialed it down instead of adjusting the autogain settings in the software.
    I hadn't accounted for the mixer adding another level of gain staging...I suppose I just need to get my mind back into my pre-S2 days of having a hardware mixer....lol
    Thx
    SL1200 MK3D's, Kontrol Z2, Kontrol X1 MKII, Kontrol Z1, KRK Rokit 6's, MacBook Air, Midi Fighter 3D, Midi Fighter Pro, kazoo, gourd banjo.

NEW DEEP FUTURE BASS MIX
    Soundcloud|Mixcrate|Mixcloud|Facebook

Tech Guru

I also have this problem. Seems rather silly for NI to disable the master level out when a Z2 is hooked up.

Tech Guru

Probably to cut down on the number of gains you need to worry about. My gains are usually around 9 o'clock for decent sources like an NI sound card or a Pio CDJ.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB