Noob question regarding sound setup.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Noob question regarding sound setup.

I'm thinking of purchasing a small setup for house parties and small club gigs.

Just about to purchase the VCI-100.. I'm thinking of getting an Audio 4 DJ and two Tapco TH15A (I get these at a heavy discount).

Is this all I need? The Tapcos are self powered, so no amp correct? How would i hook the Tapco speakers (XLR) to the Audio 4 DJ (RCA)?

I'm sorry for the noobish questions, I've done a lot of research but I'm at the point of hands-on trial and error and wanted to run everything by you guys.

Good community here!

Thanks,
    Chris

I'm not sure if you can get an RCA --> XLR adaptor mate so i think your best bet would be to find a cheap mixer that has XLR plugs and run your speakers off that. welcome the the djtt massive btw ;p
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Thanks

I noticed these:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...LR_Female.html

Will these work, and more importantly, will they work without a loss of sound quality?

You would need one with two RCA's man but this would do the trick otherwise. I don't imagine you would get a noticeable loss of quality with something like this.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I got a pair at Samash for my room mate, RCA male to XLR male. Works like a charm.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by laserbeast View Post
    Thanks

I noticed these:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...LR_Female.html

Will these work, and more importantly, will they work without a loss of sound quality?
    hey

that is exactly what you would need, get two of these and run one from the left master out of your sound card to the left speaker, and the second the same for the right and you'll be all set

k

Tech Wizard

Alright excellent.. Can't wait to get this whole setup off the ground.

VCI-100 was shipped today.. Sweet

welcome to the life mate

Tech Wizard

Thanks

I'll tell ya, nothing really stimulates me like DJing.. Not drugs, drinking, sex, nothing.

Can't wait until this is all together and I'm throwing parties.

hehe wanna hook a brother up with the audio4dj heavy discount =D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast