Pitch skipping, fluctuating on its own?!! HELP! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Guru

3.0 is actually within recomended specs, and I'm gonna assume everything else is correctly set. How bout playing a regular vinyl record?

Tech Guru

Yea if the little icon of the record without the tonearm is highlighted when your playing then you're in relative mode not absolute, which is prob what you want anyways

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    Yea if the little icon of the record without the tonearm is highlighted when your playing then you're in relative mode not absolute, which is prob what you want anyways
    alright, thanks

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post

to better show my issue!

Tech Guru

yea thats def all over. It almost looks like its jumpin up and down on the same spot on the record, but you said you def cant notice any warping on the record and it would def be noticable. FYI in that video you are in absolute mode which if the needle skipped it would skip thru the song....just wanted to make sure you understood my explanation from before.

Tech Wizard

Yea, I put it in absolute mode after you suggested that and it was still happening. crazy man I can't figure it out, I appreciate the help though!

Tech Convert

Not sure if this is relevant to your situation bc you are using a dvs but I've seen multiple controllers (including my own) have variations in the tempo and skip (like you're scratching or bending the pitch with the jog wheels). In my experience it was caused by the bass hitting so hard the jogs think they are being touched. If we put a piece of foam under the controller to reduce the vibrations it stopped.

Like I said earlier, I'm not sure if this is really any help since you're running vinyl (and I cant watch the vid at work).

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by tims4789 View Post
    Not sure if this is relevant to your situation bc you are using a dvs but I've seen multiple controllers (including my own) have variations in the tempo and skip (like you're scratching or bending the pitch with the jog wheels). In my experience it was caused by the bass hitting so hard the jogs think they are being touched. If we put a piece of foam under the controller to reduce the vibrations it stopped.

Like I said earlier, I'm not sure if this is really any help since you're running vinyl (and I cant watch the vid at work).
    I didn't think of that. I'll have to check that

Tech Wizard

i had this problem yesterday when i did the new traktor update. after hours of messing around i found my decks were set to 10m (if you click on the spinning record it will flip to another view) were it says mk2 vinyl blah and 10m in brackets but prior to the update if said 15m so i did a cheeky set up wizard and then it set it back to 15m n works as it was

mayby give this a try

Change the key lock setting under preferences to 'scratch'.

Alternatively, set the loaded track info to give you a 'stable bpm' read out.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast