Setting up rekordbox for first time,and a few Q's
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Setting up rekordbox for first time,and a few Q's

Right got my new mac today and its time to start using rekordbox so before i start running all my music through rekord box,just wanted to know if anyone had any tips or tricks i might need to know?

All so if i import all my music,i see a option in the settings that there is a folder for "export analysis"
    is this like itunes,when you put something in itunes it makes another copy of the song so you have 2 copy's
    1 in the orginal place and one in the itunes folder.
    Or is this just information about the track,and my music folders wont be effected and i wont get 2 copy's of each track?.

cheers.

It doesn't make copies.

The main advice I'd give is to import things a bit at a time. I found that 1 corrupt file can crash RB, making it seemingly forget everything you did since you last quit. I just imported one genre at a time.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

right sound,and whats the deal with adding new tracks?

do i just add them one at a time from then on?

Depends how many you want to add to the RB library. One by one is a bit conservative, I went for 100 or so at a time.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

just thinking as i tend to buy my tracks as i go along a few at a time,so is the best option just to add tracks to my folders as normal then stick them in rb?

Yeh. Unfortunately it doesn't have any sort of iTunes sync or smart playlists, so just treat it as another music folder.

If you used Traktor before and want to keep all your cuepoints there is a program on the app store called Rekord Buddy that can convert traktor liberary to Rekordbox. There are plans to make it work the other way round too.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Cheers for the info guys and @gullum tbh I have stopped using traktor now as having much more fun going back on cdj's now I can use USB keys,and had a go of my brothers rmx 1000 this weekend,which I will be getting before the years out,so traktor really has nothing to offer me anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by kathlyyoun View Post
    There are plans to make it work the other way round too.
    Yes thats what I've heard is planed for 1.5

@TommyQuiet Just thought if you already have everything setup in Traktor the move to Rekord Box would be much easyer and faster with rekord buddy and it's free too. There are only 6 Rekordbox compadable CDJ's in my country and all in my town therefor I'm also converting my Liberary to rekordbox.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Tech Guru

Does using Rekordbox have absolutely no effect if you then use cdj1000s, not even the analysis for the bpm?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast