Pitch skipping, fluctuating on its own?!! HELP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Pitch skipping, fluctuating on its own?!! HELP!

I'm not sure what this has to do with but as I'm playing tracks, the pitch will go up and down on its own. It makes the songs sound horrible, I'm wondering if its the tracks I'm playing, audio 8, multicores, quartz lock? How do I fix it or turn it off?

Thanks

I'm running TSP 2.6, control vinyl, audio 8, multicores on a macbook pro.

key lock maybe?
    13" MB OSX 10.6.1, 15.4" Retina MBPRO - TP2 , VCI 100 SE, NI AUDIO 4, 2 * CDJ 900, CDJ 850, CDJ 1000 MK3, HDJ 2000, HD25 addidas special, TMA-1, MACHINE,DJM 800, MF, X1, XONE DB4,NEAR 05 ESI STUDIO MONITORS, KRK VXT4*2, ROKIT 6*2, CRANE laptop stand, K2 A&H.

Tech Wizard

i'll check that and see if it makes a difference, thanks. Could there be anything else making it do this?

Tech Guru

how much variation?

Tech Wizard

anywhere from .1 to .1.5, it's sporadic. I tried the key lock and it worked but then the track would skip.

Tech Wizard

key lock made the temp stay on beat, sounds how the track should sound, yet the track would skip around.

Tech Guru

thats not really a huge jump ( I assume your saying 0.1 - 0.15 cause your reply is a little confusing with all the extra decimals). I assume your control vinyl is in absolute mode, hence the skipping? vinyl a little warped maybe?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    thats not really a huge jump ( I assume your saying 0.1 - 0.15 cause your reply is a little confusing with all the extra decimals). I assume your control vinyl is in absolute mode, hence the skipping? vinyl a little warped maybe?
    well the vinyls are brand new, visually I don't see any warping in them, yet with another new pair I bought, the same thing was happening. Should I take it out of absolute mode?

Sorry the key/pitch is what's fluctuating. The number is well over .15, it jumps up between 1.0 and 4.0% as I just checked.

Tech Guru

that is quite a bit. well taking it out of absolute would prob solve the problem w/ the song skipping and jumping, but the only reason why it would be doing that is if the needle is skipping I believe

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    that is quite a bit. well taking it out of absolute would prob solve the problem w/ the song skipping and jumping, but the only reason why it would be doing that is if the needle is skipping I believe
    checked my preferences and the absolute mode isn't active. i also thought it may be that I don't have enough pressure on my needs, or there is a lot of vibration. I bumped up my needle pressure to 3 grams (shure m447's) which is a lot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast