Problems mapping multiple effects on Numark Mixtrack Pro

Question Problems mapping multiple effects on Numark Mixtrack Pro

Hello all,

I recently joined this forum and was made familiar with a mapping tutorial for Traktor. So far everything is fine and I'm learning quite fast. However I stumbled upon a problem. I downloaded a custom TSI file for my Numark Mixtrack Pro, and I found something I want to change and eventually reproduce in my own mapping.

In this custom TSI file there is a group of settings mapped to my cue gain knob. When I turn my cue gain knob, one effect bank with three effects (icy verb, peakfilter and reverb) is triggered. I believe this is called chained effects or grouped effects(?). Anyway, this allows me to create a sort of sweep/buildup effect. By turning the cue gain knob the strength of all three effects increases simultaneously.

Now I've been trying to change the effects that are triggered, but as I change the effects in the mapping options from lets say peak filter to gater, the knob only turns on the three effects, but the value/strength bar of the effects stays stuck at zero. The new effects are correctly displayed but I can't increase their strength with the cue gain knob.

I hope you are able to follow me, if not I will post some screenshots!

Thanks in advance,

Zarael

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

If you've simply tweaked effect selector command for some other effect there shouldn't be any issues with effect parameters since those will be two separate operations. Make sure if there are any modifier conditions involved with that knob.