[HELP?] Im having a problem with my Traktor!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default [HELP?] Im having a problem with my Traktor!

I´m having a problem with my Traktor. I thought it would be more simple if I show this to you with a video. So here it is:

Please let me know if you can help me.
    Thank you

This is normal behaviour. Or at least as "normal" as a slight irritation can be lol.

Does it here on PC & Mac.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    This is normal behaviour. Or at least as "normal" as a slight irritation can be lol.

Does it here on PC & Mac.
    But i see a lot of people that doesn´t have this problem. They Traktor runs normally with no freezing. Why does this happens to me?

Quote Originally Posted by matirich View Post
    But i see a lot of people that doesn´t have this problem. They Traktor runs normally with no freezing. Why does this happens to me?
    I've seen WAY worse versions of this issue... our Saturday night resident at one of my local clubs uses Traktor on a MBP, and his entire Traktor screen locks up for about 3 seconds when loading a new track into a deck. On mine, it's about a quarter of a second so it's not too bad.

I'd be interested to see if this is as widespread as I originally thought it was or not, as I've personally never seen a system NOT affected by this :-\

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    I've seen WAY worse versions of this issue... our Saturday night resident at one of my local clubs uses Traktor on a MBP, and his entire Traktor screen locks up for about 3 seconds when loading a new track into a deck. On mine, it's about a quarter of a second so it's not too bad.

I'd be interested to see if this is as widespread as I originally thought it was or not, as I've personally never seen a system NOT affected by this :-\

But what if this "freezing" affects the sound also and not only the screen? ... That would be a problem.

Tech Guru

Do you get the same effect when loading tracks directly from the "Track Collection" tab? And have you updated to 2.6.1 yet?

I have never had this problem on Windows or Mac so it should be fixable somehow. Although yours isn't nearly the worst I've seen.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Traktor Screen/Browser refresh comes second (if not last) in the whole software task priority. That behaviour is considered as "a normal bug". On some previous version (even on Traktor 1.x.x) it was a bit less evident but still there. Seems the bigger your collection is, the worst things are.

Your screen may also freeze during ANY track analyzing process. If your track is not analyzed, Traktor will analyze it when you load it in a deck, this could take up to a couple of seconds.

It also happen when you browse in the Explorer node instead of Collection.

On mine, with a collection over 50K and since version 2.5 (or so), it happen when I type a track name in the search box, if I type fast letter are showing up one after the other in the search box...sssssllllooooowly, the screen freeze at almost each letter... scary but it doesn't affect the sound...yet. If it does, well, increase the latency and USB buffer and you should be good.

They have some job to be done on the browser ans screen stuff, but as it doesn't affect the sound, it seems to be low in their priority list.

From what I see in your video, it's really not a big deal. Nothing to be afraid of.
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Tech Wizard

Thanks for your replies.
    The strange thing is that i don´t have a very BIIIG collection. Its normal. Not more than 1.000 songs!
    I don´t search tracks directly from the Collection because if i do it from there, the screen freezes more frequently. If i search the tracks from the iTunes node, screen does not freeze (until i load it into a deck)
    I don´t know...

Tech Guru

There's something quite wrong if searching through 1000 songs causes freezing. I have 17000 on the computer in front of me, and Traktor searching is almost instant.

Are you on 2.6.1 yet btw?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

This is a long shot but you may have some weird characters or absurdly long filenames in your tracks, or even a corrupted track file. If your library is small Traktor shouldn't choke; I've encountered this before where a corrupted file caused the whole system to hang, but it's not the behavior you're showing in the video, so I don't know.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast