Best "Low Price" Analog Synth

Default Best "Low Price" Analog Synth

Hey all!

So I want to enter the analog world soon and am kind of shopping around. The two I have my eyes one are the Korg Monotribe and the Waldorf Rocket. So with that in mind I want to produce ElectroHouse and Techno style music.

I also really love (but can't afford yet) the Moog Slim Phatty and the Moog Minitaur. Midi over USB would be nice, but I really want an instrument I can play with or without relying on my DAW.

Any suggestions of good lower price analog synths? Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorStrangeman View Post
    Hey all!

So I want to enter the analog world soon and am kind of shopping around. The two I have my eyes one are the Korg Monotribe and the Waldorf Rocket. So with that in mind I want to produce ElectroHouse and Techno style music.

I also really love (but can't afford yet) the Moog Slim Phatty and the Moog Minitaur. Midi over USB would be nice, but I really want an instrument I can play with or without relying on my DAW.

Any suggestions of good lower price analog synths? Thanks in advance!
    The Korg Electribe EA-1 (available second hand at VERY reasonable prices (£100ish) is VERY nice. Used to use one back in the day, although I eventually replaced it with an EM-1.

The slim phatty is probably really nice, but I'm exited about the sub phatty.

The DSI Mopho and Tetra would be very reasonable synths that are still of professional quality

Tech Mentor

Minibrute, MS-20 mini, elektron A4 or the sub phatty or if you want to go modular you could start with the Pittsburgh System 0, I think it's called, it's got a Block module which is one voice and all the patch points to expand (~600$)
    Xone 42, X1, Audio 8, Maschine mikro

Heard great stories about the Waldorf Rocket and Monotron.
    (Especially if you're willing to mod the last one, extend it with MIDI interfaces etc. Look for monotron+ on google and you will have a good time. )

Electribes are quite nice, but I have settled for a the Roland MC303 'ROMpler' instead.

Don't know about the pricing of the Mopho and the Tetra, but they are quite nice as well! (Look them up in youtube!)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Why can't I hold all these suggestions! D:

Thanks for all the input guys!!! Got way more answers than expected! I really like the MiniBrute that one is very, very intriguing and I'm also still kind of head-over-heels for the Rocket. We'll see how my choice goes down the line here. Optimally I'd love to have 6 Moog Slim Phatty's in Poly-Chain mode but I'll keep dreaming.

Please keep submitting input though! I'm always looking for new ideas and products I haven't heard of before.

Mutable Instruments is the name you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by tgcasals View Post
    Mutable Instruments is the name you are looking for
    Do they sell any preassembled ones? I solder like a boss at school for class, but honestly don't have the time right now.

You can find them floating around (although they price around the same as a x0xb0x) but I don't think he's selling them pre-built at this time. I do know that he is supposedly coming out with something new soon