Cdj?? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cdj??

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    The 2000s aren't exactly on the market now as they've been replaced by the Nexus at the same price; you can easily get used 2000s for half the retail price or less. Finding a used Denon model is much more difficult. I did look yesterday for the SC2900 but didn't find a single one.

Requiring and Ipad does not make up for that terrible screen that belongs on a Gemini and the screen is a huge plus on the 2000. They're hardly "half the price" anymore if you need a computer to get comparable performance are they?

Another thing I really like about the 2000s is the SD card slot that lets you effectively have 32GB of internal storage in addition to the external USB slot. Also HID integration on the 2000s with Traktor, Serato, Cross etc is much better than the MIDI connection mode of the SC2900.
    You don't need a computer to use the iPad, it just shows you what's on your USB sticks. And you can still get a pair of SC2900's AND an iPad for near enough the same price as a CDJ2000. And the screen isn't that bad, more than suitable enough for scrolling through tracks. But yes, the waverform is nowhere near as good as the 2000, and this isn't made up by the iPad (they don't show the waveform on the iPad, but apparently its a work in progress).

I agree with you on the other points though.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by robdquick View Post
    You don't need a computer to use the iPad, it just shows you what's on your USB sticks.
    You still need to have a Wifi router set up, which is fine for home use but is just an inconvenience otherwise. If anything goes wrong with the SC2900's wifi settings (which will happen, Wifi is completely unreliable) you'll need a computer connected to fix them.

And you can still get a pair of SC2900's AND an iPad for near enough the same price as a CDJ2000.
    The CDJ2000 Mk1 has been discontinued for quite a while now and has been replaced by the Nexus as I'm sure you know. Noone in their right mind would buy a pair of brand new Mk1s when you can get the Nexus for the same price.
    On the used market the 2000 Mk1s are maybe 10-15% more expensive than the SC2900s, which are next to impossible to find second hand themselves.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

You don't need a computer to use the iPad, it just shows you what's on your USB sticks. And you can still get a pair of SC2900's AND an iPad for near enough the same price as a CDJ2000. And the screen isn't that bad, more than suitable enough for scrolling through tracks. But yes, the waverform is nowhere near as good as the 2000, and this isn't made up by the iPad (they don't show the waveform on the iPad, but apparently its a work in progress).

I agree with you on the other points though.
    2000's are kicking ~$1300 a deck right now, with SC2900's going for about a grand a deck new (and scarce used). Add in the cost and inconvenience of setting up a wireless router and buying and using and iPad, and you're getting a lot more out of the used 2000's route really.

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    You still need to have a Wifi router set up, which is fine for home use but is just an inconvenience otherwise. If anything goes wrong with the SC2900's wifi settings (which will happen, Wifi is completely unreliable) you'll need a computer connected to fix them.
    Once you've set the router up, there is a very small chance of the wireless going wrong. I've gigged for about 3 months with a set of SC2900's and a router now, and not once has the wireless connection failed on me. And even if the wireless goes down, unless the whole router fails then the music will keep going and you can still control everything from the decks, just won't have the iPad display.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Seriously, who cares how good the waveform is on the screen? I agree it's nice to have a nice one but is it worth the 500-1000 dollar markup? As long as the screen acceptably shows you your list of songs, it's doing what it needs to. I'm still trying to find the screen on my turntables, yet they seem to work just fine. Seriously, if you want to look at waveforms, get a computer with Traktor or Serato anyway.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234