New DJ set up?

Thread: New DJ set up?

Default New DJ set up?

Hey everyone. I'm an intermediate DJ looking to upgrade my setup. Currently I am using the Numark Mixdeck Quad with Djay for the Ipad 2 and sometimes laptop with serato intro. I'm looking to get some new gear to take my performance to the next level. What gear should I get that works with the stuff I already have? Or should I renovate and get some new gear entirely?

Tech Guru

Doesn't Serato Intro only support 2 decks? You might be better off upgrading to a full version of DJ software before thinking about new gear.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

The Mixdeck Quad is a very nice controller tbh; personally I'd give Traktor a go, and if you like it, add a Traktor F1 or something?

Not only extensively but also detailly. We can learn a lot from the post. I recommend to you , you can come communication in here.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Ty Javos View Post
    Hey everyone. I'm an intermediate DJ looking to upgrade my setup. Currently I am using the Numark Mixdeck Quad with Djay for the Ipad 2 and sometimes laptop with serato intro. I'm looking to get some new gear to take my performance to the next level. What gear should I get that works with the stuff I already have? Or should I renovate and get some new gear entirely?
    What is it that you're trying to take to the next level, exactly? Are you trying to get into controllerism? Scratching? Something more standard/pro?

Here's a breakdown of all-in-one DJ controllers. One thing you might want to think about beforehand is what kind of software you want to use (if any) going forward. Then, make a gear decision based off of that. (Not that you have to necessarily stick with a particular controller's shipped software, but some are laid out well for certain software packages).

Or you could get a set of CDJs, or turntables, or whatever you want. Not really enough info here to make real recommendations.