Will there be z4 mixer or revamped s4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Will there be z4 mixer or revamped s4

To most of us it seems logical that N.I next step would be to bring out a 4 channel version of the z2 mixer I have the s2 that's permanently set up at my studio desk at the PC but am thinking of a z2 or z4 (if they make one) for use at my cdj and vinyl decks stand in the other room enabling me to use my laptop to run traktor scratch that comes with the traktor mixer together with my vinyl decks so they don't go unused anymore ,so my question is s4 seems to be being faded out any teasers or hints from N.I that a 4 channel version of the z2 is on its way soon as looking to make a purchase of the z2 but can wait for z4 if its on its way

Eventualy there will be some 4 channel revamped because there have been added so much to Traktor since the release of S4 that there is no way to control Traktor using only an S4 or S2 just so they can keep up with their own software. But they have not made any indication that one is on the way.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Tech Guru

Price drop on the S4 and the lack of any new Traktor controllers on the market might suggest something?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

100$ price drop is not that much relevant since the competition price is also lower AND, since couple of months already, Traktor comes free with almost, if not all, piece of gear.

- S4 and Traktor 2 (originally Traktor S4) have 2 1/2 years old already.
    - Traktor "lifetime" before paid upgrade seems to be always 'round 2-3 years.
    - Add Dj Gullum's comment here
    - wait the usual "summer sale"

Hows
    - June/jully first teaser
    - August full spec & pre-order
    - September availability
    sounds to you? Let's see... I hope so.
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

I wouldn't bank on it. The Z2 is a 2+2 deck controller (2 decks and 2 remix decks). I can't see that a 4-ch version would be that great. It'd be hard to fit 4-channel strips AND 2 rows of buttons for remix decks...

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Ill View Post
    I wouldn't bank on it. The Z2 is a 2+2 deck controller (2 decks and 2 remix decks). I can't see that a 4-ch version would be that great. It'd be hard to fit 4-channel strips AND 2 rows of buttons for remix decks...
    Hmm...

sixtyeight3.jpg

I'm sure it's just a matter of time.
    Last edited by Tha Gooch; 03-14-2013 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Gooch View Post
    Hmm...

Attachment 16377

I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

Your attach don't work man.

Think I will hold on for a bit to see what they come up with. A z4 would be great but really like the look of the z2.

Tech Guru

I think we might see CDJ controllers come out with Traktor 3, definitely a 4 channel mixer (at least) with a 5 th channel available for Maschine. There's too many techno guys with the Xone92 setup with old soundcards. If NI are truly going to change the game this is how to do it, anything else will be a yawn... iMO of course

Tech Guru

I wouldn't expect NI to ever produce something that can take CDs. Maybe a modular platter controler at most.

Putting together a mixer worthy of a club installation could work well for them though. And as the emphasis seems to be on hardware rather than software now, they might consider integrating some Traktor FX straight into the mixer so it has some use without being tethered to a laptop.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast