Help Needed with Denon MC3000 controller and Windows XP Sp3.....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Help Needed with Denon MC3000 controller and Windows XP Sp3.....

Ok as the title suggest I'm having problems and can't get my head around the problem and I was hoping that one of you guys could help me out before I loose all my hair...lol

Yesterday I recieved my new MC3000 controller and was really excited to get it up and running as my old controller died at the weekend.

So I installed the latest Denon Asio Driver 2.2.2 and also Updated the firmware to the latest version V1005. I have Traktor 2.6 Installed on my PC so I never Installed the enclosed LE software. I set up my audio routing etc and followed the wizard instructions for importing the Tsi, as far as I know thats all I need to do.

So heres my problem, when I switch on the controller it does it's light blinking as normal at startup but that's all it does, None of the controls of the 3000 are moving anything in the software, there appears to be no midi signal being sent The CTRL panel on top of Traktor is not illuminating as it should to show midi command being sent to software. I have tried with every Tsi there is for the 3000 thinking maybe it was a bad Tsi but I get the same from everyone of them. Now I know XP is old but it's what I have at the moment and Denon say it can run on my system XP with SP3, I really hope one of you guys can help me out as I'm not getting much info from other forums (Native Instruments & Denon),

I can control Traktor with the keyboard so it's a controller problem i recon not software.

I really hope someone can help me, If not I need to send the unit back to Germany and thats a pain

what laptop are you using? optimized? disabled all other midi stuff (webcam etc)?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

I'm using a Sony Vaio 1.7 ghz with XP & Sp3 with 2 gig Ram.

I know its an old system but everything was working with my old controller.

Ok I have also just noticed that the connection Icon on top of Traktor is Orange NOT Blue as it should be if everything was ok. I have tried another usb cable to see if that was a problem, tried different usb slots and I get the same result every time

Anybody shed some light on this for me PLEASE...........

Tech Guru

I know the quick start wizard for Traktor worked for me when I was setting up my MC3000.

The other possibility is that your channels for MIDI are set up incorrectly (using chn 5-8 instead of 1-4 for example)

I'm not at home, so I can't comment as to how to check that, but I do remember reading it over on Denon DJ.

I have it set as Ch1 & 2 set to master and ch 3 & 4 set to cue as stated in the instruction manual.

Tech Mentor

This is from memory so i may have some of the terms wrong (not in front of my DJ lappy at the moment), but I remember I had similar problems with my DNMC6000

Go into Traktor / Preferences / Controller Manager.

Make sure you've got a midi in & out selected
    Cheers

IAN WILLIAMS

Also (as said by slvrdragon50 above) make sure its set to the right midi channel.

On my mc6000, i can change channels by holding down shift and pressing one of the 4 little buttons underneath the track browse encoder in the middle. Have a look in the manual, yours is probably similar. Should probably be midi channels 1-4.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

For some weird reason no matter what Tsi I use it has ..... In Port - n/a Out Port - All Ports

This is wrong isn't it ?

you can change those values to MC3000. Or at least you should be able to. If MC3000 doesn't show up in that list then something else is wrong, and the controller isn't being recognised by Traktor.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast