Why are all new flagship controllers made for Serato?

Default Why are all new flagship controllers made for Serato?

Hi all. First time posting on DJTT and new to controllerism. I tried searching for this topic, so I apologize if this has been discussed before. This isn't to debate Traktor vs Serato, but a question on the hardware.

I've been shopping for my first controller and I've noticed something about the market. I'm very curious on why all the latest flagship controllers are being designed for Serato? Such as the Numark NS7 II, Pioneer DDJ-SX, etc. Yet companies haven't made or announced any new flagship Traktor controllers the past 2 years. The latest high-end Traktor controllers were the Kontrol S4, DDJ-T1, 4trak, etc., all about 2-3 years ago. This can also be said for the beginner to mid-level as well, as most are made for Serato also.

I find it a bit surprising since Traktor is supposedly the most popular everywhere except North America. Serato is awesome, but I feel Traktor's UI and customization fits more of my style. I know I can find custom MIDI mappings, but I would rather not deal with unresponsiveness or lag issues due to hardware not being designed originally for a specific software.

Does anyone have any insight? Is Serato more aggressive on partnering with manufacturers on controllers? Do Traktor users prefer a different type of controller than what's provided to the mainstream market?

Love the website! Thanks.

Native Instruments make their own controllers and don't seem to want the competition, otherwise if the ddj-sx, vci300/380/400 et al. were supported the S2/S4 etc... wouldn't sell, then you would be paying $300 for the software like the old days.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Mentor

Native Instruments makes their own hardware. It doesn't make much sense to have other hardware manufacturers make better native gear for their software. That why I never expected a DDJ TX. There's no incentive for NI. I had to settle on an S4.