Bass Kleph's style
    Tech Wizard

Default Bass Kleph's style

I was wondering...

Having already a Kontrol F1, is it possible to make some live mashups like Bass Kleph?

I'm finding troubles cutting sounds off the tracks because you can hear they are not "natural".
    Do you have to use Machine (or Ableton) to cut them correctly?
    Is there any site where you can find something ready to use?

I was thinking to One (Swedish House Mafia), Million voices or show me love for examples.

Thanks!

Tech Mentor

i use maschine to sample stuff but i'm pretty sure you can find some free programs that can do it. problem will be performing the "bass kelph" style as you call it with an f1. a maschine or another sampler surely will work better...
    Macbook Pro, TP 2.6, 2* Kontrol X1, A&H xone:92, NI Maschine, 2* KRK Rokit 5s, Sennheiser HD 25-II
    http://www.mixcloud.com/_volpe/

Tech Mentor

what Volpe said. The problem with using the F1 instead is that you don't get the editing capabilities inherent to Maschine. However, you can get other software to chop up samples and what not. In an Interview Bass Kleph says he'll sample right of the record he wants to remix. If it's not possible, he'll find new samples and substitute in. Layering is a big part of it. Especially if he can't grab the whole sample. Time stretching and effects are also to be taken into consideration.

Tech Wizard

Thanks for the answer.

I think one can make the right edit to play everything with the F1 (which is a huge pro, starting from having only one software running), but it's impossible to chop up songs directly in the remix decks (except for some cases).