Maschine template for ableton live not working (have tried tutorials)

Default Maschine template for ableton live not working (have tried tutorials)

Hi,

I want to use my Maschine Mk.2 with Ableton Live 9 using the Maschine template from NI that you can download in Service Center.

I followed youtube tutorials to the letter and it isn't working. (Dubspot, thedjpodcast,...)
    I can get it up the point where if I push a button on the maschine something in the top right corner in ableton indicates it's receiving MIDI but I can't get the template to actually work.

What am I missing?
    A new feature/setting that must be altered that Live 9 has but Live 8 didn't have perhaps ?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

It doesn't get more detailed than this. That little light that blinks in the right corner is just telling you that Ableton is recieving MIDI.

http://www.native-instruments.com/kn...+MIDI+Template

Most common mistake is if you didn't select MASCHINE Mk2 Virtual Input as the surface's input.
    Last edited by padi_04; 03-16-2013 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Most common mistake is if you didn't select MASCHINE Mk2 Virtual Input as the surface's input.
    Thanks, my transport controls are now working. But my maschine still looks like this:

The ableton template looks like this:

I press load on the maschine when ableton live is selected but nothing happens. The templates are copied into the controller editor.

did you copy the maschine controller into the ableton application? you do this by control click (on a mac) and then showing package contents, then copy the file into abletons controllers.
    it almost looks like its loaded already though. try selecting a different page on the maschine hardware. its probably already running and your just in the template page. is it windows or mac?

Quote Originally Posted by spadenation View Post
    did you copy the maschine controller into the ableton application? . is it windows or mac?
    Yes. And I'm on mac.

How do you get out of the template page ?

With the arrow keys I can move to a different page to let's say arm a track but I can't.
    Last edited by MyUsername; 03-17-2013 at 07:24 AM.

well not very familiar with windows and ableton. however when you hold shift on maschine the top tabs should lite up with knobs, pads, page and template selections. select knobs or pads instead of template. then hopefully it works if not, its a problem with your installation

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Template should say Ableton Live 9, the other one is for Live 8.